Need a new LBS

ScottCM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy in Germistons' name is George of Mean Machine Cycles.

cnr President & Oosthuizen str

tel. 011 825 4621

Very helpful and knowlegeable

Just don't judge his work by the state of the shop...he is EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable

I ride with Flats, dont have Shoes and Pedals yet, saving up to get some.

I ride with Flats, dont have Shoes and Pedals yet, saving up to get some.

Nothing wrong with flats.. depending on what type of riding you do, but don't feel pressured. A lot of guys riding Van Gaalen's, technical type riding are on flats these days.

Check this out: http://www.bikejames.com/strength/the-flat-pedal-revolution-manifesto-how-to-improve-your-riding-with-flat-pedals/

I suggest you access some of the great info available on the net, tutorials etc and do your own maintenance. At least you know the front brake won't go to the stops when you reach the bottom of a hill!

Sounds like a real bike shop rather than a " cycling lifestyle centre ", just added him to my contacts list.

I agree.

I love walking into a shop and just knowing the guy behind the counter with grease stained hands knows exactly what I am talking about.

Ok now i'm just P1ssed off,

I dont know how it happened, as i've only done 76km on the bike,

no accidents yet, and came across this sight this morning,

post-46817-0-18094400-1383110295_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-55014100-1383110320_thumb.jpg

Now being Human, i WANT to blame someone, as i know i've never dropped, crashed or done anything like that to my bike, the only time i dont know how my bike was treated was at the LBS. Now i know i cant prove it was them, hell it might not have been them at all as i haven't washed my bike in the 76km yet so if it happened beforehand i never picked it up.

How fragile are these front triggers manufactured? What type of force would it take for this to happen? or is it a common thing with the lower range from SRAM?

Edited by ScottC-M

1st initiation right for home maintenance... put finger in disc rotor and spin, lol

For those with less common sense, do not do it, its a joke, but happens to best of us (sometimes more than once,haha)

Looks like that shifter has been over tightened somewhat :wacko:

As suggested, take your bike back to the place you bought it from - going to be your best bet - although I am not so sure there is much they will do in terms of that shifter - as from where it has cracked, someone has definitely taken an allem key to it and over tightened it IMHO :ph34r:

Finding a decent, reliable, trustworthy LBS is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. So far, Linden Cycles has been really great for the more challenging stuff - give yourself an hour alone with your bike, and you will be amazed at how much of the smaller stuff you can attend to yourself.

For what it is worth, you have a great bike, just hope that the LBS you are having kaaak with has not tainted the brand for you :huh:

Dude, OLX.

Sell it.

Seriously, you're having a *** time with that bike.

Bad karma for some reason

Someone has definitely taken an allem key to it and over tightened it IMHO :ph34r:

For what it is worth, you have a great bike, just hope that the LBS you are having kaaak with has not tainted the brand for you :huh:

I haven't touched my bike with tools except to re-tighten the seat after the LBS loosened it, as i was scared i might end up braking things on it, but seen they possibly brake it themselves and dont say anything i might as well just do it myself in future.

As for OLX or the LBS tainting the MOMSEN brand, NEVER, i love this bike.

PS on this mornings ride my gears started jumping / Slipping again :cursing:

Might be worth chatting to another more experienced bike owner that lives near you to help set your gears, i have found it relatively common for a cable to stretch initially, which would be what happened to your gears, with regard to the lever, speak to the bike shop it came from , may be a warranty replacement