Solomon cycles in Sandton. How have you found their Workshop??

kayosTWM

I find Solomon Cycles to be well priced, however their workshop seems unable to do anything right and it means that you have to take your bike back to fix the problem they have created. This has happened 4 times in a row.

This is an open question, has anyone else had major issues with the workshop at Solomon Cycles or am I just super unlucky??

On the 11/14/2013

Having spoken to Arshad. Id like to say I'm very pleased with the response thank you.

Edited by kayosTWM

They used to be really good but since they moved (next door) and made their workshop bigger their quality has deteriorated.

I've also had to take my bike back to them to fix what they created. They fix it without any questions but it's just a schlep going back.

Personally I still haven't found a GREAT bike shop.

My brother took his bike there last year.

He was told that the chain and cassette was worn and needed replacing.

They put the incorrect ratio cassette that was agreed upon. (He wanted a 11-27 and got a 11-25)

The chain was not joined properly (Shimano pin was not installed correctly)and the link had to be removed and replaced with a quicklink.

The wheel that needed be trued was botched up as well.

Don't have much faith in the workshop and we tend to avoid after that.

I haven't had any problems with their workshop so far BUT I chat to Mohammed who runs it and let him know what I need to be done. Bought quite a bit of stuff there and have got to know the guys so I suppose it's easier to let them know what I expect. I know they have been battling to get decent staff for their workshop.

They have good prices so i buy from them a lot. but I wont take anything there to be fixed to be honest.

I prefer the smaller shops, better attention and customer service.

Check these guys out, their attention to detail is what has made most of my mates move to them, www.cycloworx.co.za

Edited by mikeonthetown

Looking for a great LBS, especially for workshop-related stuff? Tool-Up Cycles in Midstream is awesome.

www.tool-upcycles.co.za

I wouldn't let anyone else touch my bike. And before I discovered them, NOBODY was allowed to work on my bike, except me.

I have.

It's in my garage.

Best bike workshop around, I have no complaints whatsoever.

SNAP...

I cant do forks though so that I do take in to someone who knows, I should actually say Ive never tried although I have all the tools to do it.

Maybe one day Ill give it a go when the need arises and I have the time and patience for it

SNAP...

I cant do forks though so that I do take in to someone who knows, I should actually say Ive never tried although I have all the tools to do it.

Maybe one day Ill give it a go when the need arises and I have the time and patience for it

Ditto, i do all my own maintenance, i don't like others working on my bikes!

Only thing i haven't done is Forks (MTB) and Shock services, not that much to it, think i'll give it a go next time my fork needs new seals & oil.

Ditto, i do all my own maintenance, i don't like others working on my bikes!

Only thing i haven't done is Forks (MTB) and Shock services, not that much to it, think i'll give it a go next time my fork needs new seals & oil.

You just need Skillz :ph34r:

Edited by ChUkKy