Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

Told you guys not to write Rabon off. Sauser knows how to pick his partners. And although Rabon is a supposed roadie, he actually started cycling as a MTBr. If they sort their technical troubles out tonight they will be in contention for a podium. I suppose it will be a looong night for the techies tonight. BTW, it is high time that the techies also feature in the cycling programs, as I consider them the unsung heroes of stage racing. How many times have tech issues in the past decided who the winners of the Epic would be.

I reckon the top guys will be onto thehub asap asking cwc for some deals on some tyres with some protection :P maybe some bombs as well. I wonder how well their swat spares holder worked in a race situation? There for show or did it work in the mad rush?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish other MTB manufacturers would send their teams out to ride this race. Having Sauser dominate it every year against half teams just seems a little hollow. Dare I say it but 11years on and road racing is still more exciting. Why can't they cover the event with live TV?

I reckon the top guys will be onto thehub asap asking cwc for some deals on some tyres with some protection :P maybe some bombs as well. I wonder how well their swat spares holder worked in a race situation? There for show or did it work in the mad rush?

They must all use Maxxis Crossmarks, then no punctures!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

absolutely rubbish trying to follow whats going on. Whats with all the riders going off course. How can they still have route marking issues when the entry fee is R50,000 per team???!!

Live tracker seems to be useless too.

Same thing happened last year with Songo and the Bulls on different days if I remember correctly. They all seem to be going straight at one of the right turns.

Great ride by Cannondale Blend first all SA team 6th overall on stage and GC

Eiiii... see Nino and Buys are actually waaaay back :cursing: 11 th Overall on GC

Jis guys spare a thought to the normal folk still out on route.

Jissie but what a great stage that was

Jis guys spare a thought to the normal folk still out on route.

Jissie but what a great stage that was

One of my friends riding, he is at 61km now, gonna have to push to finish in time.

Here is a pic of the corner where some off the guy's are missing the turn. If the tracking is to be trusted.

post-40232-0-55592700-1395656238_thumb.jpg

I wish other MTB manufacturers would send their teams out to ride this race. Having Sauser dominate it every year against half teams just seems a little hollow. Dare I say it but 11years on and road racing is still more exciting. Why can't they cover the event with live TV?

epic week must be really tough for the spesh haters, sounds like they've even overtaken Giant as the bike of choice in the pack to further rub it in.

One of my friends riding, he is at 61km now, gonna have to push to finish in time.

Oh man..