Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The euro's that are racing for podiums are just as well prepared, many of them spend time in warmer climates training and the euro winter has been mild this year so even for those who could not go to warmer places it was possible to spend time in the saddle outdoors.

Its a good point though, SA must be the mecca for marathon and stage racing events and participants (by numbers), yet SA riders struggle to dominate...and many have had good overseas experience so its not really possible to blame the lack of experience / competition.

Remember these are the best riders in the world so seeing SA teams in top 10 is an achievement. One cannot expect to dominate when up against the best in the world. Lets aim for a top 10 at world marathon champs.

Remember these are the best riders in the world so seeing SA teams in top 10 is an achievement. One cannot expect to dominate when up against the best in the world. Lets aim for a top 10 at world marathon champs.

I thought we also part of the world ? :eek:

I thought we also part of the world ? :eek:

That's why we're in the top 10 then I guess :whistling:

Nope won't do it either. The man looks strong.

Totally off topic. Why does supersport focus the first 5mins of the already very short program on the town of Robertson. I don't care. I want to see bikes and more bikes. For a whole 25mins.

You call that marketing......

GOod points on SA being the mecca of marathon mtb yet we don;t dominate. We definately don't have the culture yet but the heart is there.

I don't think Rabon is the problem but it appears that tech issues are the problem. I'll wait to read about it before writing off Rabon.

Sauser had his rear brake pad spring somehow get mangled in the caliper and rotor, had to keep stopping to try fix it. Erik and Nico had to try help and then pace them to the finish.