How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

Tube taped to bottom of saddle. Bomb, 2 levers, bomb adapter and multitool in back pocket. Other pocket takes a snack with phone and a Mandela. Never needed more than that on the trail.

Why two levers?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it is frowned upon, but I just don't care, I'd rather be prepared and never forget anything critical and get stuck in a lonely place or walk home. So, each of my bikes have a small saddlebag with a tube, tyre lever, multi-tool and a quick-link in as well as a pump on the frame. That way I know I can just grab the bike and go for a ride and I like the reduced logistics!

because when your buddy has a problem then you can give him one and carry on riding :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Or you can use the spare one to open your beer

Depends what type of ride I go on... Also my bikes (accept for road one) don't have bottle cages.

For my +- 30km after work ride I only carry one bottle water, cell, hanky and my house keys and all goes in my shirt pockets.

HANKY???? Haai nee sies man!

Too much info!

Vent your snot like the rest of us, over your shoulder in an almighty trumpeting blast!

Hanky.

Pffft!

^_^

Depends what type of ride I go on... Also my bikes (accept for road one) don't have bottle cages.

For my +- 30km after work ride I only carry one bottle water, cell, hanky and my house keys and all goes in my shirt pockets.

Hanky is so last year. Word on the street is if you are a roadie in a group, then you should gooi it. Helps the oke next to you with chain lube so that they can save 10g by leaving it at home

Greatest piece of kit ever. The back uses a mesh to keep the pack about two or three centimetres off your back so that there's plenty of airflow. You don't even know you're carrying it, even when you've filled the water bladder up.

http://www.dakine-shop.de/images/product_images/detail_images/8110030_BL1_DRAFTER_BLUE_FTR3-5282.jpg

On the bike: 1 bottle cage carries a Pro tool cannister 500ml, with plug kit, 2x tire levers, 2x 25g bombs, bomb applicator, spare gear cables and deraileur hanger, and Topeak multi-tool.

As far as possible, I let the bike frame carry most heavy things.

On me: That said I prefer using a flat 2litre racing camelback lite rather than bottles which get muddy/pooed/dusty/filthy when riding as I hydrate every 20mins. So car key or cellphone go into the small front pocket and emergency hand pump on the side in the main chamber with the full camelback bladder. Gels/baby taters, spare tube, and swat canister in rear shirt pockets.

In the past I have used saddlebags, but generally these have not lasted and the holding straps have been torn open/away with all the bumps etc mountain biking brings.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

One bottlecage with "juice".

Right pocket phone, money, energy bar and banana

Middle pocket bottle with water and Lezyne Alloy drive pump (pump and takes CO2)

Left pocket tube with gator

Small saddle bag with the following:

1 x Crankbrothers tool

1 x bomb

2 x tyre levers

1 x tubeless repair kit with extra valve and some chain links

I take my hubby with and he carriers everything.

But I saw some super cool while on holiday. We popped into the Concept store in Margate to get my helmet and the one Specialized there has the very cool case thingy that fits onto the bottom tube of the bike. Big enough for the basics that would normally go into the saddle bag. I was most impressed with it when we asked Mr Stander about it.

Multi tool, tubeless repair kit (file, insertion tool and a few plugs), 2 bombs + adapter. In backpack / hydration pack. Easily transferred to back pocket if i'm not riding with a shell.