Berge en dale - 8th Feb

lone one

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also start in DL. Hope to do my first sub 3 this weekend! :thumbup:

haha, at Berg n Dales? good luck, its not that easy! Give it horns!

One week at a time...! Doing it. Hoping for a good showing. It was one of my best seeding races last year. Why is it on a Saturday though?

yup, silly. Same day as the MTN series kickoff at Dullstroom. Cant wait for some good dirt racing...

AL. These infernal pick-up times and places! I cannot get away from work during office hours!! My poor Dad will have to do the donkey work again!! Who is gonna start the "print your number at home" franchise?

1 guy go through collect all the numbers and scan them in email them print them? its not like they have a watermark right?

DL for me.

This race is one tough bugger.

I still get flashbacks from last year when I rode the last 50km with cramps. Was the most I have ever suffered on a bike.

Only reason I'm back is that I refuse to let the course get the better of me.

DL for me.

I still get flashbacks from last year when I rode the last 50km with cramps. Was the most I have ever suffered on a bike.

the race will be even tougher if the event run on the reverse directions! (the Krugersdrop classic was exactly just that :wacko: )

How hard do the open seeded groups go up the first climb?

Is it all out and suffer he rest of the ride, or let's make it to the end?

AL start for me, but after last weekend, I think I would be better off in BL.

put it this way, my first race in VB was the Berg n Dales. looked around at all the grey hair toppies and thought, mmm easy.

Got dropped in the first 2 km. Its the best place to attack hard and break up the bunch immediately.

Warm up WELL! your heartrate will hit new highs up that hill trying to keep up.

Last year the winning breakaway (9 guys I think) got away in the first two k's (I think it was AL). Balls to the walls start.

DL for me.

Last 50ks i was limping(lol), I feel your pain. I'm also in D ... Its Berge En Dale : The Revenge !

Al for me 6:35

This was the first race I did on a roadbike last year, finished with a 3:25

Hope to o much better this year

They go flat out from the start. I've started A and B in previous years, never once has any mercy been shown over the first 9k's. After that it regroups a bit, but for most the damage is done and recovery is impossible.

Also don't forget a very tough finish, just in case you haven't cramped enough by that stage.

In you are not in tip top shape, expect to say goodbye to at least half of the A group within 2 k's of the start.

They go flat out from the start. I've started A and B in previous years, never once has any mercy been shown over the first 9k's. After that it regroups a bit, but for most the damage is done and recovery is impossible.

Also don't forget a very tough finish, just in case you haven't cramped enough by that stage.

In you are not in tip top shape, expect to say goodbye to at least half of the A group within 2 k's of the start.

Lets hope my climb work on sunday paid off(2000 meters of climbing)

It gets hammered from the gun...only recover point is going down Sterkfontein down hill(where dome2dome starts), then it is fast and easier until you reach the caves where it will get hammered again, and obviously every hill in the cradle. It is a tough race but the start makes or brakes your ride if you are looking for a good time