Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

WTF is wrong with you people? Ten minutes with Google will tell you that Andrew Armstrong, posting under his own name, is a senior executive in a multinational IT consulting business. People like this make serious money, so 90k for a bike is standard fare and if he got a fake, he will get another and then sort out the fake in his own time. You should be thanking the man for coming on here, UNDER HIS OWN NAME to warn other people of the ride he has been taken on.

Well said.

Problem is its going to boil down to the OP's word against that of the shop, unless the OP has some sort of concrete proof that they sold him a genuine pinarello.

Andrew, do you have an invoice from them and what does it say?

Chances are the shop will now go bust and liquidate making it harder to get your money back.

I would first get the cash and then splash it on social media.

Chances are AA wont get his money back no matter what, the best result imo is revenge....make sure everyone knows what chancers cyclescience are.

Quick google search..... :ph34r:

http://cyclescience.net/

Funny how their website under "brands we stock" or "Products and equipment" makes no reference of any type of road frames.....

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's been mentioned a number of times that it is a FAKE and not grey import and the difference explained about as many times :ph34r:

Both Pinarello and ASG have confirmed it as a fake, maybe the shop tried to pass it off as a grey import, but the fact remains that it is a fake and confirmed by third parties as a fake.

Ja, posted this before I moved on to the next ten pages upon which time I was duly educated.

To all the naysayers on this thread, I think it's quite telling that the bike shop in question has declined to comment. Granted, the thread is not that old and they may still be getting onto the Hub.

But for someone to come on to a public forum and use his real name and photo, making those types of claims that in a relatively small industry could ruin the man's business, carries a bit of weight in my opinion. Who cares that he can afford two top end bikes in that space of time?

Bottom line is that he was sold a fake and royally ripped off by what appears to be a crook who when called out flipped to OP the bird. I'd look to get this guy shut down ASAP. It's a principle thing!

A R50k budget won't get you a Dogma frame but it will get you a fake with DA or Record parts.

The fake scams are pretty bad this side of the pond to.to a point where i often wonder if the guy in front or next to me is on a Pinarello or Chinarello :eek:

Don't be so sure, pay attention when the next ASG auction comes around :ph34r:

Don't be so sure, pay attention when the next ASG auction comes around :ph34r:

ASKING NOT STIRRING NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT ASG AGAIN ASKING IS YOURS MAYBE NOT A CHINARELLO :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

This is a bit off topic and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes but last time I checked a Dogma 65.1 with top end Groupset and Carbon Wheels was about R150K?

The OP has already stated that hindsight gives knowledge and at the time, he probably didn't know what the valve of a dogma was and when quoted by the shop, probably knowing that it was up there as top of the range accepted their price as fact. As he was probably unaware of the true cost, he would be unlikely to query it.

ASKING NOT STIRRING NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT ASG AGAIN ASKING IS YOURS MAYBE NOT A CHINARELLO :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

You're stirring DIPS!! Lets just say I'm happy with my purchase ^_^

You're stirring DIPS!! Lets just say I'm happy with my purchase ^_^

SORRY OOM, I WAS JUST SAYING AFTER READING THIS I WOULD MAKE DOUBLE BUBBLE SURE :blush:

WTF 11 pages already! Hectic people, no wonder our legal systems does not work very well. Everybody overthinking.

stick to the facts>

Man buys bike he thinks is the real thing

Man discovers bike is not, but is rather a fake article.

Man is peeved at being taken for a ride

Man warns others.

Next step is for man to take it further with the autorities yet all the high powered advocates on the Hubs need to seek clarity on the case

Jirre April fools is 24 hours too long

Edited by GoLefty!!

WTF 11 pages already! Hectic people, no wonder our legal systems does not work very well. Everybody overthinking.

stick to the facts>

Man warns others.

Next step is for man to take it further with the autorities yet all the high powered advocates on the Hubs need to seek clarity on the case

THATS HOW I READ IT ITS A WARNING EITHER YOU LISTEN OR YOU GET BURNT,,,,,

stick to the facts>

Man warns others.

THATS HOW I READ IT ITS A WARNING EITHER YOU LISTEN OR YOU GET BURNT,,,,,

and that how I put it to you :ph34r:

I am a mtb newb and, in all honesty, I could not tell the difference between a R40k Specialized MTB, a R60k one or a R80k one. Same goes for Trek, Rocky Mountain etc. etc.

If I walked into my LBS and was told that a frame was legit, I would take that information at face value.

The OP was conned, defrauded, crooked, cheated - WHATEVER you want to call it, the LBS has some serious questions to answer and will possibly face criminal charges.

To the OP, I feel your pain. I hope your new bike gives you tons of joy and many happy miles...

This story is almost too bad to be true, borders on bizarre, that a bike shop thats been around a long time can do something like this, and shaft the customer of five years when he complaints?? now i just wonder, are we SURE THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS DAY, maybe somebody is hacking at either the bike shop or Andrew or both??? sorry if i am wrong, dont want to discredit the OP if its for real but its almost TOO bad to believe

Well I won't buy anything from them then...

....ever

Or until they gave their side of the story?

BOGGLES THE MIND WHY NO RESPONSE SURELY SOMEONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL THEM WHATS BEING SAID AND LET THEM GIVE US THERE VERSION ,,,,,,,OR IS THE TRUTH GOING TO HURT TOO MUCH

BOGGLES THE MIND WHY NO RESPONSE SURELY SOMEONE KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL THEM WHATS BEING SAID AND LET THEM GIVE US THERE VERSION ,,,,,,,OR IS THE TRUTH GOING TO HURT TOO MUCH

Twitface pages/accounts?