Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

COMMON sense

Split hairs much?

Spiting hairs - is that like worrying about the difference between a Pinarello and a chinarello? :whistling:

(I'm just joking. No need to get in a huff)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiting hairs - is that like worrying about the difference between a Pinarello and a chinarello? :whistling:

(I'm just joking. No need to get in a huff)

No worries Gary. I'm looking forward to hearing Psycho Science's reply to these allegations (accusations), the sooner the better.

No worries Gary. I'm looking forward to hearing Psycho Science's reply to these allegations (accusations), the sooner the better.

Ek dinki hulle gan kom nie

http://media.giphy.com/media/YvWhAOS7nfCo/giphy.gif

Edited by BogusOne

NEARLY 20 000 VIEWS, and no comment, in fact i dont recall one single "happy customer" coming to the rescue of the shop (sorry if i missed the 1) :eek: :eek:

if it was my shop i would by now have a HUGE EXPLANATION if at all this is possible

If it's a fake, can I buy it from you ? :whistling:
i know what I'd do with that frame after going down the legal lane......involves a angle grinder and video camera.

i know what I'd do with that frame after going down the legal lane......involves a angle grinder and video camera.

It may make the dogma actually look nice! Do not like the octopus tentacle look for the fork and stays

I was thinking more along the lines of 0.22 and hollow point

Andrew, out of interest, what's the item name specified on the invoice when they sold you the fake Pinarello?

That's the question, the answer seems like squeezing blood out of genuine Pina carbon

Assuming AA tells the truth and does not lie (and why would we suspect otherwise), his original post answers much of the last two pages of negativity!

I purchased a Pinarello Dogma from Cycle Science in Broadacres. Two months after purchasing the bicycle, I was informed when having the bike serviced in Australia that the bike is a fake. When I returned (after buying a genuine Dogma) a week later, I went to Cycle Science and asked for my money back. Their response, I knew it was a grey import. I received an email from Pinarello certifying that the bike Cycle Science sold me is fake. I have attached a picture of the fake frame.

Edited by heyyou

and the whole cycling industry must be lagging about this. They just made their names kaka.

BTW, have a read up on the Counterfeiting Act.

One thing and I am going to use myself here again as an example

If I walk into a shop and I see a Dogma, I am going to accept that is the real deal. Same with a Trek and a Scott and a Gary Fisher.

I am not going to question if it is a grey import.

Same with other things. My MacBook. I accept that is the real deal, because of the White Apple logo on the cover. For all I know Core might have screwed my over and I would never know. Same with TV's and other things you buy in SA. How would we know if we get the real deal or a fake piece of poo from China?

Just for those to lazy to google:

How does the Counterfeit Act protect you?

The Act prohibits dealing in counterfeit goods through:

• being in possession of or controlling counterfeit goods;
  • making counterfeit goods;
  • selling, hiring, bartering, exchanging or offering counterfeit goods;
  • exhibiting or distributing counterfeit goods, for trade purposes, or in any prejudicial way;
  • importing or exporting in, out or through SA; or
  • disposing of counterfeit goods.

click here to view the Counterfiet Goods Act document.

Counterfeit Goods Act 37 of 1997 as amended by Counterfeit Goods Amendment Act 25 of 2001

http://www.zaip.org/counterfeit_goods_act

I doubt we will hear a response from cycle science, they were made aware of this thread earlier today. Someone said they phoned and advised them accordingly.

By now there has been plenty of opportunity to read the thread, to even draft a reply and post here if they felt there was an injustice to the slander and allegations being levelled at them and to quash further speculations and rumours.

There has been nothing apart from the closing down of their facebook page to stop possible comments being posted on there and the allegations being spread further to people who liked their page and may not be on the hub.

That action in itself raises eyebrows as they are not prepared to possibly defend themselves on their facebook page and are trying to limit damage and rumour.

Further, if they are possibly in a legal situation with an action against them, they are unlikely to post on a social media platform and open themselves up to further comments, questions and accusations unless they feel they have a strong case and can squash the rumours, conjecture and allegations being levelled at them.

They have not put out any statement with regard to the accusations, so I guess are not in a strong position to defend the allegations.

What concerns me is that AA has done further investigation once he has found out that the bike is a fake and has heard from other sources who have also been duped in the same way with fake items. This he has stated himself and I guess is all part of building a legal case against cycle science.

Where there is smoke there is fire... and at this stage it is starting to burn out of control for cycle science, to the point where they are being burned at the stake!!