Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

invoice does look a little funny?.......cant quite put my finger on it.......

Most bike shops run pretty basic POS (point of sale) systems that generate a basic till slip. To substantiate high value purchases its not uncommon for the bike shop to generate a 'copy' invoice on a letterhead. Not saying this is what happened...just a possible explanation

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd that they would specify the VAT amount as the invoice is not SARS compliant. That is not needed then. Also, no company registration details...

They are By-passing The VAT? Not Cool

I would have qoted this but couldn't remember their names

A cyclist and cannot remember the names of legends.??

Off to the dogbox son!!!

Odd that they would specify the VAT amount as the invoice is not SARS compliant. That is not needed then. Also, no company registration details...

The invoice looks like a template off net or excel.

No terms and conditions.

Also the automated sum of the ex + vat does not work out to R91 000.00 there are cents missing. Auto invoices do not allow this.

Invoice is fake

Edited by skistar15

Andrew Armstrong.

I want to point out.

We need to thank you for coming here and sharing your story.

We have all the right and are entitled to know what might be going on around us.

The Hubbers didn't need you to come here and give a response because they felt they deserved it as "hubbers" but rather because this thread will go a long way in educating people and also prevent any future dealings like the one you had.

All those people who are crying for the shop to give an answer here.

They don'y have to, and guess what, they don't owe it to the "hubbers" either.

They are fully within their rights to decide whether they want to get involved or not.

One of two things, they might know well right that they messed this one up quite badly, and actually don't have an answer for what they did, assuming this is the case, they don't owe anyone on this hub an apology, but they do owe an apology as well as a full refund to the OP.

Point two, they might just make matters worse for themselves legally if they were to come and sit here and argue with a bunch of people who so often argue because they have nothing better to do.

Lastly.

Andrew, I apologise on behalf of some of my fellow hubbers, not because I am their spokesperson ,but because I am embarrassed in the assumptions made against you.

It seems to have become part of the South African culture where a victim becomes the target of further victimisation .

For now I give you the full benefit of the doubt and wish you well with your battle.

This is just speculation, but I heard a few years ago about a bike shop manager of a now closed bike shop in Pretoria getting fired (they settled and didn't press charges) for selling grey import bikes on the shop floor and pocketing the cash.

Perhaps that's what happened in this case, although substituting the grey for a fake, and one party is responsible rather than the whole shop, someone who doctored the invoice and pocketed the cash himself?

Disclaimer: this is purely me playing detective.

Edited by North Shore

thats why Im keen to know, did this shop have 20 pinarello's on the floor, be it fake/grey/real or did they juts have one fake that they're hoping to push......

i.e. is it a big time scam or a opportunistic chancer who ordered a couple fakes off ebay and flogged the one at full retail to make some tom.....

or is t a shop selling grey imports and someone is trying to run them down because they're not bought via ASG?

When a company is doing something dodgy the invoice generally looks dodgy.

Then there is the Account name "Podio Importers" surly this can't be Cycle Science's normal trading account? which leads me to ask what else are they importing and selling on the side?

also noticed only invoice 005

so taking a flyer here, under the guise of Podio importers some guys are importing italian merchandise directly themselves and its pissing some distributors off?

Who ever really checks the invoice immediately? 20/20 hindsight. If it was me at that moment I'd be more interested in taking new bike home and riding it, rather than scrutinizing every part of the invoice... So I'll merrily and blissfully stuff the receipt in my back pocket and take my bike home.

It might be that one of the bike shop dudes are running an underground scam, but surely this cannot go unnoticed as a pino is assembled and transported through the shop. These guys are dirty plain and simple.

The invoice looks like a template off net or excel.

No terms and conditions.

Also the automated sum of the ex + vat does not work out to R91 000.00 there are cents missing. Auto invoices do not allow this.

Invoice is fake

Perhaps your query on the invoice format should be directed to the shop then?

Or are you directly saying that the OP purposely created a fake/false invoice? Subsequently all the correspondence he's reffered to with ASG/Pinarello is also fake?

Yes or no.

Perhaps your query on the invoice format should be directed to the shop then?

Or are you directly saying that the OP purposely created a fake/false invoice? Subsequently all the correspondence he's reffered to with ASG/Pinarello is also fake?

Yes or no.

I think he's trying to say the shop made an invoice that didn't go through the till?

Edited by Skylark

79'824.56+

11'175.43

90'999.99

And the baastids rounded the total up by 1c

First thought when i saw the invoice was...have we had the wool pulled over our eyes here on April fools day?