Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

Note to self: Do not use attorney Vaughan Hattingh!

he also called us a cycle hub... we are THE HUB

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how people still think "blank" frames are the real thing but out the back door. The incorrect BB thread is a dead giveaway.

Same reason the tooth fairy has such a following :ph34r:

Still would like to see a local magazine test an original and a fake, give a ride report and then cut the frames open for a small insight into the construction etc.

but anyway, not really the point here...

hope the shop steps up and supplies Andrew a new original dogma every 6 months for life....

It would be interesting to see if there are others with similar issues with said bike shop. It sounds like a Carte Blanche type of thing this.

It would be interesting to see if there are others with similar issues with said bike shop. It sounds like a Carte Blanche type of thing this.

Someone should indeed report this to Carte Blanche. There is a section on their website to report such things.

Someone should indeed report this to Carte Blanche. There is a section on their website to report such things.

Was at Cyclelab Fourways yesterday and Devie from Carte Blanche was there with a camera crew. Heard her mention the words and definitions of a "fake" and "grey import". Seems they have latched onto this.

Was at Cyclelab Fourways yesterday and Devie from Carte Blanche was there with a camera crew. Heard her mention the words and definitions of a "fake" and "grey import". Seems they have latched onto this.

Good opportunity to get this on the program then. They get so many stories submitted on their website they only select a few but if this is already being produced...

So would this be the wrong time to open a genuine fake, unbranded, real thing look-a-like, bike store :ph34r:

I think I should talk about this issue on the radio today.

What would my legal rights be though ?

I won't mention any names.

WTF was she doing in front of cycle lab though? Shouldn't even be anywhere near that name unless they're implicated, which I doubt. Yet another reason I've lost respect for CB. No effort to check the details before latching onto a story, and perfectly happy to film in front of "a cycle shop" that has nothing to do with it at all.

Eina....that's gonna hurt someone.