Ritchey P29 Stolen - R5000 Reward

Mats

This makes me so angry! I will keep a look out in Lonehill, there are lots of commuters on bikes that pass me in the slow traffic.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks Mattie.

Keep an eye out in your area - I have had one of my bikes stolen twice - found it twice myself - ok nearly 2 years later the one time...

Not good at all :-(

I'm still mourning the loss of my Epic a couple of months ago. It's just not good enough that some asshole can take your stuff and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it.

if I ever see my bike anywhere and there's someone on it, he's gonna be off it before he knows wtf happened.

My boss has one of those frames. Damn nice!

Remember being told it is pretty rare with only a few in SA. So hopefully someone sends it home to you.

All the best!

Sorry about that mate. On one of the audax rides I saw a kid in the farms in ekukhuleni Magalies on a 29er specialized I think. Clearly there was no way that kid could afford that bike. Question is what do you do in such a situation?

That question here = dammed if you do (racial stereotyping ) dammed if you don't (poor Mattie never sees her baby again

I always say trust your gut, if u see a dodge looking guy on a bike he clearly shouldn't be on. A ritchey is a personalized machine and IF the guy is wearing safety boots and a blue overall FETCH

Shouldn't be too difficult to spot anyone on a Ritchey. The problem is there is a good chance someone will buy it (not knowing it was stolen) thinking they got it at a hell of a bargain and no one will raise an eyebrow.

mattie was your baby insured???

Yes it was insured,

But the insurance claim will be delayed as i need a copy of the police case statement and i am out of town this week.

Apparently my insurance company want the complete report and not just the case number.

Yes it was insured,

But the insurance claim will be delayed as i need a copy of the police case statement and i am out of town this week.

Apparently my insurance company want the complete report and not just the case number.

i know it was in your yard but they not going to like the idea of "no signs of visible entry" if you left it outside

Tell them to send the assessor,they want it.

Guest Hollow Man

Ai, Mattie, that is very k*k. Sorry to hear.

Will keep an eye out for it wherever I am; hope You get it back.

was eyeing out all the guys on their bikes on my drive to work today. pissed the one guy off behind me when i slammed on brakes to do a double take on the one bike that had the richey colours - it was a road bike ... sheepishly apologised and carried on.

Hope you find it Mattie, i'm sure this is one of those that money can't replace.