Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

I think it's an HP2. A great big 1200cc Enduro bike!

ok. its a lot prettier than it used to be

http://www.bikeandmedia.de/bmw_hp2_enduro/tot_vore_500.jpg

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying not to be picky about the HP 2 but its not really an enduro bike (except when mad Germans and Finns rode them at Erzberg I think!). It fits with the KTM 950SE maybe and that is not really anywhere. It's a wonderful gravel road flier but small tank and little luggage capacity as standard cuts it from a true dual sport. It's way too big and heavy to actually be a true enduro bike, maybe offroad as at least the KTM has finished a Baja 1000. The Husqvarna No. 62 in the previous pics is probably a real enduro bike.

It's in its own niche and hence both bikes aren't made anymore.

But beautiful and desirable for sure.

Have come across this beaut with only 25kays on the clock

Very tempted

A friend has one in mint condition... along with his Pantah and a few other beauties ...

Have come across this beaut with only 25kays on the clock

Very tempted

Sounds like a keeper, if the price is right I would grab it.

Sounds like a keeper, if the price is right I would grab it.

Average price for these bikes is 38k.A bit higher if converted into a Cafe racer,which I am not interested in

Average price for these bikes is 38k.A bit higher if converted into a Cafe racer,which I am not interested in

So tempting!

So tempting!

Telling me....I look at the ad for the bike every day.Its in Knysna so I need to plan a whole trip down south to have a look at it.I am also eyeing a property in Storms River village so maybe kill two birds :-)

Would love to turn that in to a Cafe Racer ....

I love cafe racers but that would be a waste of a classic

This is what you turn into a cafe racer.I had one as a first bike after the army

post-523-0-12818700-1408428058_thumb.jpg

I love cafe racers but that would be a waste of a classic

This is what you turn into a cafe racer.I had one as a first bike after the army

Check that Front Brake....

42k is not bad, it looks in good shape. I would investigate it.

I assume the low mileage is after an engine rebuild.? Surely it couldn't have just sat around.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

post-52292-0-89422700-1408458127_thumb.jpg

I have this little machine, amongst others, which I have owned for 32 years. I wanted to do the cafe racer thing but I think its is too original and nice to change. Its the little 400F

Nice. Little 400cc 4 cylinder. I liked the sweeping pipes. Had a Honda CX500 V-twin water cooled with driveshaft at about the same time. Best sound in those days.

post-52292-0-89422700-1408458127_thumb.jpg

I have this little machine, amongst others, which I have owned for 32 years. I wanted to do the cafe racer thing but I think its is too original and nice to change. Its the little 400F

I wouldn't - Everyone is going the Café racer route and now there are so few good original Honda's around they are becoming very desirable. Your bike looks especially good, and very original so it would be a real shame if you changed it.