Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Guest Omega Man

Looks in good nick!

Yeah. Not bad if I'm honest. But I'll be lavishing a little love. I like my stuff to be neat and there are a few tatty bits here & there.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Bike day at Kilarney yesterday.

Junior and big Bro side by side.

post-18968-0-37122900-1418803476_thumb.jpg

post-18968-0-24299400-1418803512_thumb.jpg

I'm somewhat of an adventure/offroad bike nut. Currently riding a KTM 690 Enduro as my day to day bike (just returned from a 4 day trip on it, spectating the Roof of Africa in Lesotho... that was fun) and I race a Beta 300RR (2 Stroke) in the local Offroad scene. 

• 3 weeks later...

I want to piss off the wife, looking to get a old single cylinder thumper, xt 500 , xr 500 dr 500, type bike, busy selling my Scott CR1 or willing to trade it

That's not going to be easy - do people still sell them?

Google a bit for the new one that is being released in 2015. Looks very nice

I want to get back into motorcycling via the adventure route, but I'm in abit of a quandary. Do I go balls to the walls and buy a BMW or KTM adventure bike or do I start with something like a KLR 650 just to get my skill levels up again. 

I want to get back into motorcycling via the adventure route, but I'm in abit of a quandary. Do I go balls to the walls and buy a BMW or KTM adventure bike or do I start with something like a KLR 650 just to get my skill levels up again. 

I'm no motorbike fundi, but this dilemma is common when purchasing anything really. For me, the question is what you ultimately want, and if you do buy something cheaper/stepping stone, how much are you gonna get back for it when you ultimately want to upgrade (if you ever do).

So say a KLR 650 is R40000 (quick gumtree check) and the 990 Adventure is R100000, are you going to be happy throwing away some cash into your stepping stone?