Who else is sick at the moment?

Last year I suffered badly and was sick most of the winter months (May/June/July), like Ratty not sick enough to go to the doctor or be booked off but sick ebough that riding was just intermittent.

This year I have taken precautions (Flu injection end of April and taking some herbal immune booster) and so far so good. Also being extra careful ....

I used to be able to quite easily dodge the winter flu - until I got kids... Now I'm guaranteed to pick up the germs along with the rest of school-going children in our country. Although as a friend kindly pointed out a few days ago - don't blame your kids, your not as young as you used to be...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be able to quite easily dodge the winter flu - until I got kids... Now I'm guaranteed to pick up the germs along with the rest of school-going children in our country. Although as a friend kindly pointed out a few days ago - don't blame your kids, your not as young as you used to be...

Therein probably lies my problem  :blush:

I came down with probably the worst flu I have ever had in my life 4 days after the tour durban and then while I was out for the count with the flu I picked up an upper respiratory tract infection which 4 weeks later is still with me. The last time I was on my bike was the race on the 26th of April. I have started to wonder if I will ever get better!

Ditto for me, picked up flu end of April, followed by upper respiratory infection which I struggled to get rid of and kept me off the bike the whole of May, only returned to cycling a week ago. 

Also Sick Again. Started with this stupid Sinus, and then went over to flu like symptoms. Hate Winters. What I hate more is seeing my riding buddies training like always and never gets sick. Damn U Winter!!!

Currently healthy in sunny Europe. Predicting to get sick 2 days after we get back to SA next week due to sitting in a confined space for 11 hrs. someone is bound to infected with something!

Currently healthy in sunny Europe. Predicting to get sick 2 days after we get back to SA next week due to sitting in a confined space for 11 hrs. someone is bound to infected with something!

Very difficult to avoid the germs in the metal tube.

Wasn't feeling too lekker last Thursday. Woke up with a fever and sore throat, thought I was just coming down with flu. Went to the doc, turned out I was coming down with a virus. Doc only gave me 3 antibiotics (took one tab once a day). Sunday morning and virus was no more.

Got me some swine flu this week. Nasty nasty.

Coughing bloody chunks, aches and fevers, eyes hurt when looking around..

Booked off for the week since Wednesday. Tamiflu for the rest of the family. Cortisone, myprodol and a strong antibiotic for me.

Going to set me back a few weeks I can feel

Had follow up today. 

Before and after. 

No trails on the rigid SS for a while.  :thumbdown:

i bet you wish you had flu...heal soon dude eina

i bet you wish you had flu...heal soon dude eina

Jip, so true.  :devil:

Thanks 

Sh. . .t Happens if an "ou ballie" watch to much  World Cup Down Hill on Sundays, and then think his 29er will behave on the jumps like his BMX did when he was 17 . . . . :ph34r:

Very difficult to avoid the germs in the metal tube.

Honest to God - the guy behind us on the London-Paris flight was sneezing and coughing all over the back of my seat!

Paris-Jo'burg was bug free as far as I could tell but we did sit two rows behind a lady who made a funny hawking sound with almost every breath the entire flight! I've seen a few people make that noise - is it a cultural thing I don't know about or something?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Had follow up today.

Before and after.

No trails on the rigid SS for a while. :thumbdown:

Joh. I feel your pain man. Just glad my shoulder isn't as trashed as yours. Sterkte and Heel up quick. I've got about another five or six weeks out.

Guest Frail4Life

Everyone is doing it all Wrong

You need to ride at anytime.

No matter what weather conditions.

If, when I am dead, I will stop riding.

Otherwise I am just passing time and getting old.

Drugs make the body more prone to any related conditions.

Weak and sick? Go for a Ride.

I almost got banned at the local pharmacy.

Pharmacist asked what medication I was taking.

Nothing.

Just fresh Garlic

Fresh Ginger

Fresh Lemon

Taken 3 times a day in some food or hot water.

I had just cleared up a heavy chest infection.

It was all colours, green, yellow, white.

On top of that I did not stop riding.

I am not Crazy just wild if I can't ride!

• 3 months later...

Great. Seems I'm getting sick..........just in time for 94.7

Sitting in a airconed office, going out into the yard to check stuff (39deg), back into cool office, out to site, back to office etc. not good for my health.

Trying to get proper sleep at night in this heat is also a mission.