Who else is sick at the moment?

I had good results with a Berriglobin shot just before the Argus when I started to get sick and it definitely halted and reversed the progression to the normal dose of a two week cold.

I have not had any sort of trouble since, as I normally get sick between seasons.

I was however warned by medical oaks on the Hub that I was taking a chance using this stuff but it worked a treat and continues to hold off any lurgies despite my family members and colleagues dropping like flies.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Calcaneus (heel bone). Right into the joint. There were a few pieces to put back together...

(fell off the roof, and landed on concrete)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ouch!

"Drop and roll" not quite like it's done in the movies then?

Calcaneus (heel bone). Right into the joint. There were a few pieces to put back together...

(fell off the roof, and landed on concrete)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sjoe, heal up soon mate!

I started with raw sinuses last weekend, now sitting with a snot nose, t scare to go ride with bc in just over a month. Suffering from cabin fever

• 3 weeks later...

Since recovering from my head-cold a few weeks ago I've been feeling good and I've had some great rides . . . .this morning I woke up with a raw throat.

dammit.

I started with raw sinuses last weekend, now sitting with a snot nose, t scare to go ride with bc in just over a month. Suffering from cabin fever

Dude BC, you do whatever you need to in order to make it to the start line and actually do it!

So I can add my name to this thread... Full on flu, according to the doc.

I've had a fever before, but never an aching body that feels worse than a bonk. Legs, arms, neck, head, glutes and more feels like I'm stiff all over.

I can't even walk up the stairs without being out of breath.

And then a chest that feels like I'm on fire.

Man-down for a few days, and off the training for up to two weeks.

Been very lucky so far this year..slight cold about a month ago but nothing serious.

Woke up this morning with a tingling on my lip, cold sore coming! 

Usually the first sign that I am going to get sick.

Any advice on the cold sore and what I can take to prevent getting sick?

Been very lucky so far this year..slight cold about a month ago but nothing serious.

Woke up this morning with a tingling on my lip, cold sore coming!

Usually the first sign that I am going to get sick.

Any advice on the cold sore and what I can take to prevent getting sick?

You can get a topical antiviral cold sore cream from clicks pharmacy. About 50 bucks for a tiny tube but you don't need to use much and it really helps a lot.

As far as not getting sick, if you find out, please let me know. I am just finishing off round 6 so far this winter.

If I am going to get sick, the muscle in the corner of my eye starts to twitch - guaranteed cold on route.

No sickness since getting the Berriglobin shot however - Cost however a staggering R1000

Worth it in my case

Yup, antibiotics are only effective with bacterial infections. Colds and flu are most commonly caused by viral infections.

both me and my mother had the flu, we both came right by the time we hit half a week after starting antibiotics. she had a 7 day course and i had a 3 day course that works for 7 days. Antibiotics worked wonders for us

If I am going to get sick, the muscle in the corner of my eye starts to twitch - guaranteed cold on route.

No sickness since getting the Berriglobin shot however - Cost however a staggering R1000

Worth it in my case

That's cheap! can't find for under R1500 :cursing:  (5ml) 

and haven't seen Intragam (the generic) in over a year. it was always less than a third of the price.

I'm trying extra hard to not get sick, my little guy's almost 3 months now and don't want to

a) possibly make him sick

b) not be able to get my daily cuddles 

Edited by L.T.G

Beriglobin I got at Dischem for R 1000. For the 2 X 2,5 ml. The generic is no longer in stock in whole of RSA

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Guest notmyname

2 weeks of flu which has now developed in full on bronchitis. Haven't been to work since Thursday last week. It's not getting better and I've heard stories of people that followed the same route I'm currently following being hospitalised.

Healing vibes to all that are down at the moment.

anyone with phlegm riddled dis-ease, notice any reduction in throat irritations and coughing after drinking rooibos tea? I picked up a nasty cold on Tuesday which generated the usual phlegm and bouts of coughing. But thrice now, i've noted that after drinking redbush tea, the coughing and phlegm subsides. Initially, I thought it was due to the Corenza C i was taking to help with the initial set of fevers, but after coughing woke me up again early this morning, i thought i'd try it without taking Corenza C. Within 30min, coughing had subsided and i wasn't rushing to the nearest wash basin to expunge the icky stuff.

The effect only seems to last about 4 hours.

This is purely anecdotal, but i find it somewhat curious.