• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Am I the only one seeing this and thinking "WTF Keanu Reeves?? Didn't know you were that desperate for money?!!??"

Maybe it’s the enjoyment factor and not the money.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Reeves is a complex fella.... I don't think he really gives a hoot about what people think.

The fact is.. People who liked bill and teds the first time round....and people who like the hangover... And any movie like that.. Will watch this... And as frosty says... Probably just for the laughs

Am I the only one seeing this and thinking "WTF Keanu Reeves?? Didn't know you were that desperate for money?!!??"

I don't think Keanu needs to worry about more money. The Matrix set him up for almost life, and he's a pretty down to earth character. Probably doing it because he wants to. Like his appearance in Cyberpunk 2077 stuff. Same reason he's doing a Matrix 4 thing. 'Cos he likes doing it. 

Maybe things got a bit serious with John Wick, so he is trying to balance that out  :D

I was scratching the bottom of my Harddrive movie barrel and found a 2011 Movie starring Ewan McGregor and Eva Green called Perfect Sense.  It was ok-ish, but more pertinent was the fact that both  my Wife and I commented that in 2011 this movie was probably brushed off as far-fetched and highly improbable.  But in 2020, suddenly it's not all that outrageous and actually very close to home.

• 3 weeks later...

This was quite fun!

It was, but the soundtrack was horrendous. Almost every track felt out of place with the tone & context of the scenes they were attached to. I was into it and then all of a sudden the song would rip me out and I'd wonder exactly what sort of movie I was watching... A bloody nice shoot-em-up or another Step Up, High School Musical or Pitch Perfect movie. 

It was, but the soundtrack was horrendous. Almost every track felt out of place with the tone & context of the scenes they were attached to. I was into it and then all of a sudden the song would rip me out and I'd wonder exactly what sort of movie I was watching... A bloody nice shoot-em-up or another Step Up, High School Musical or Pitch Perfect movie. 

Still have to watch it but the last 2 netflix releases I made the effort to watch - Extraction (meh) & Eurovision (bleagh) were underwhelming to say the least so I'm in no hurry 

Watched a few goodies lately with the boys.

The Last Samurai. - I forgot just how good a movie this was.

Bravehear - Still good.

Leon the Professional. - Another exceptional movie

Midway. Ok

Tora! Tora! Tora! -  a must watch Japanese version of Pearl Harbour.

The Imitation Game - Can't believe I never watched this before!

Danger Close - not a bad Vietnam movie from an Aussie perspective

The Outpost - Not bad to Good

71 - During the Irish Troubles, a good watch.

The Gentleman - Rather good

Laurence of Arabia - what a cinematic masterpiece 

Good movies for the youngster

Red Dog - Aussie movie that was really good. Based on a real story.

Sgt. Stubby an American Hero - WW1 animation. Based on a real story and also rather good.

My dog Skip - Also based on a real story.