Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade occasionally, but my friends older brother had it on his PC. I was obsessed with that game. I attempted to install it on my own PC at home. I copied it onto floppy disks and tried for hours to get it to work but alas no... DOS was not my friend that day. I was so disappointed I spent the evening drawing one of the tracks on paper with crayons. 

I have played it since on a DOS emulator. Still cant finish the game.

Sho, didn't even know it was on PC, hehe, or I can't remember. Yeah it's a bit impossible to finish on the SNES emulator as well.

I do however remember playing Jazz Jackrabbit on DOS (on an old 386DX 40), as well as some of the Monkey Island, Space Quest, Kings Quest, and Quest for Glory games.

PIXEL movie with Adam Sandler.....you need to have grown up in the Arcade Game era to really appreciate it......on BoxOffice currently.....crappy movie, but the memories makes it worth it. Today's children will be going WTF.......

Still want to see that, even though it didn't get a very good rating on IMDb.

I lived across the road from the dam in a block of flats. K-dorp used to be such a cool place to live, but not so much nowadays. My mother still lives there and the last time I visited her I was quite shocked at how much it has changed.

the first few years of my life were at Lakeside Gardens......haven't thought of that in years!

Chro mo.....you bring back memories for me..... :thumbup:

All the nonsense we got up to at the Monument Dam with our bmx's before Key west was built. We used to ride through the park to get home after school ( Monument Primary).... And KHS .... :w00t:  Best time ever being a hostelite there :thumbup:

Every guy loved the KHS blazer (not!!)....navy with gorgeous pink stripes :w00t:

I also went to Monument Primary - long time ago now.

Growing up in K'dorp was too much fun...missed it when we left.

You do know that you failed to score on account of your outfit and not the hot dog incident?

On that note...man, there were some hot chicks around when I was young. Jolled at the Doors occasionally, but my Joburg days were more ESP, Hideout, Gecko Lounge and other similar pits of iniquity.

Share ESP (awesome just to walking into the sunshine) Hideout (the wendy hut entrance) and there was Nexus ( slippery when wet).

Who hasn't heard their kid ask about "olden day CDs"?

attachicon.gif$_12.jpg

I have quite a collection of vinyl albums covering a wide range of music genres.......just something about a more full bodied sound being generated by this medium. Critical though that you have quality equipment to utilize this medium. A hobby that now turned into a passion.