Who remembers?

DPG

I have quite a collection of vinyl albums covering a wide range of music genres.......just something about a more full bodied sound being generated by this medium. Critical though that you have quality equipment to utilize this medium. A hobby that now turned into a passion.

My father also used to have an amazing collection. Until one day he came home from work and found me playing with them in the sandpit. I was 3.   He still laments over his vinyls and reminds me of what a horrible child I was. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father also used to have an amazing collection. Until one day he came home from work and found me playing with them in the sandpit. I was 3.   He still laments over his vinyls and reminds me of what a horrible child I was. 

post-41755-0-90463300-1447240753_thumb.png

Sympathy BoB.......scared for life!

#someoneneedsahugfromchainsaw

Edited by BarHugger

I need to see if my old man still has his. If he does, I'm going to ask if I can have it. It's one of the proper ones... Forget which, but it came in a lekker metal case (which he still has)

No... my plan is backfiring ;) Seriously though, they work well once you learn how to use them, which is pretty easy. I get less post shave irritation and issues now. You can also save a lot of money, except if you end up buying and collecting a lot of them. Blades are cheap and theres a whole bunch of nice soaps to use. It can turn shaving from a chore into something interesting and enjoyable.

These okes were my heroes when I was a kid.

They were my heroes too, until I found out they were Italians and their voices weren't actually their's, but a voice over.

Speaking of voice overs, the simulcasts on TV/radio were also a favourite...

Steve Austin - die man van staal

http://a1.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,q_80,w_620/MTI5NjYzOTEyOTU3MjMzMTYy.jpg

Rabobi...

http://images.springleap.com/designs/rabobi-by-WolFox-designed-for-justice-league-prod-1554_2547_3.png?1418914432

Edited by geraldm24

Speaking of vioce overs, the simulcasts on TV/radio were also a favourite...

Good old Radio 2000.

Does anybody remember that simulcast show in the 90's about a Mirage fighter squadron..?

LM Radio 

............ a radio station based in Maputo, Mozambique. ................... was renowned for its Top Twenty chart show, the LM Hit Parade, and played a major role in promoting South African artists and their music.

Moulin Rouge, Hillbrow.

The Castle In Hillbrow.

Hillbrow. Lived there for 16 years. The original Fontana. Never saw it closed in all the time I lived in Hillbrow.

Moulin Rouge, Hillbrow.

The Castle In Hillbrow.

Hillbrow. Lived there for 16 years. The original Fontana. Never saw it closed in all the time I lived in Hillbrow.

As a Free State seun, when we were in the army in Pretoria, we would always stop in Hillbrow for a pizza on the way back to camp after a weekend pass. We were like a bunch of german tourist in the kruger park. We just couldnt take it all in. Punks, junkies, prozzies the works. Way too much for a bunch of farmers seeing the big bad city.

Moulin Rouge, Hillbrow.

The Castle In Hillbrow.

OH aye, 24 hr fontana - that place was a life saver.

LM Radio 

............ a radio station based in Maputo, Mozambique. ................... was renowned for its Top Twenty chart show, the LM Hit Parade, and played a major role in promoting South African artists and their music.

Listening to it on 49 meter band on Short Wave radio from LM. Used to in the evenings change to Medium Wave, forgotten the MB though.

Brilliant radio station, the only one at that stage playing decent music, all the SABC offerings were *** and Government controlled not to corrupt the youth with Communistic and from the devil music offerings.

OH aye, 24 hr fontana - that place was a life saver.

Bimbos 24hr with crinkle cut hot chips in Randburg was brilliant

Good old Radio 2000.

Does anybody remember that simulcast show in the 90's about a Mirage fighter squadron..?

You must be referring to Mirage...

The pilots were Tanguy and Laverdure...man I also loved that series...it was in a special type of Afrikaans called Oorklankiaans, specially designed for TV :whistling: 

http://aerosociety.com/assets/images/wordpress/aerospace-insight/files/2011/08/chevaliersduciel.jpg 

http://www.imcdb.org/i058574.jpg

Wasn't it called Mirage?

You must be referring to Mirage...

The pilots were Tanguy and Laverdure...man I also loved that series...it was in a special type of Afrikaans called Oorklankiaans, specially designed for TV :whistling: 

http://aerosociety.com/assets/images/wordpress/aerospace-insight/files/2011/08/chevaliersduciel.jpg

http://www.imcdb.org/i058574.jpg

I bow to the superior memories of you guys.

Thanks, it's been bugging me a little (in other words, it didn't bother me enough to try find out the answer myself :P )