Who remembers?

DPG

My friend's son is 12. My son is 9. We get a black bag of clorhes every now and again from them. His wife asked if we minded. Nothing wrong with the clothes. Just too small for their son. I laughed and said heck no I don't mind. Bring as many bags as you want!

I've had a great few years when my boys got tall enough to ride the same size bike as me........it allowed me the chance to upgrade and hand my bikes down to them :thumbup: ........and since there is a 2 year gap between then, I had another go at it 2 years down the line. :clap:  Now I'm not going to be able to afford  justify anything for a while. :thumbdown:  :(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the hand me down clothes that my kids inherited have been passed on to other cousins and friend’s kids.

There are new clothes mixed in, but at least half of the stuff is 2-3 times passed on.

And the cool thing is that they enjoy wearing those clothes.

Since my Mom got arthritis she cant knit anymore, but works in a charity shop in the UK.

We often get really cool stuff at one pound. However, recent events at the post mean that we now have to ask for two sizes to big, so that by the time they arrive, they fit for a month or two.

:clap:  WINNER, WINNER Chicken Dinner!!

Once again the hub comes through! Thanks LD!

Sill have one of the original CD's from them. Apparently there were limited edition of 500 or so sequentially numbered in UV ink on them. Still need to see what my number is. Good times

All the hand me down clothes that my kids inherited have been passed on to other cousins and friend’s kids.

There are new clothes mixed in, but at least half of the stuff is 2-3 times passed on.

And the cool thing is that they enjoy wearing those clothes.

Our 2 kids are part of a troop of 9 cousins ranging from 15 to 7. Those bags of hand-me-down clothes are passed around every season. We have a fat laugh at the holiday photos when we identify the items and see how many times they make an appearance over the years.

It's also funny when the clothes we gave as gifts make their way back to us.

As you say, the kids love it.

1982, my first recall of a theatre (Cine Entertainment Centre in Jozi

I recall reading somewhere long ago that at one stage the Kine Centre was the largest cinema in the southern hemisphere. I still went to watch movies there in the late 90's long after most people avoided the city centre. Think the last movie I saw there was Fight Club. Apparently nowadays the cinemas are used as a church or something...

Not really the appropriate thread , but we camped in a caravan park in Bellville some 30 years ago. Virtually right behind the park was/is a huge deep hole ( unfenced ) , too deep for a quarry hole. Any idea what was " mined " there ?

Not really the appropriate thread , but we camped in a caravan park in Bellville some 30 years ago. Virtually right behind the park was/is a huge deep hole ( unfenced ) , too deep for a quarry hole. Any idea what was " mined " there ?

was this the caravan park on / above the old lovers hill?

afaik the only things ever mined in the area were clay and stone. Still a few stone quarries operating in the Durbanville area

Not sure . Each site had it's own scullery. Was on the foot of the " hill ". Was there during a rainy season ( in the Cape ?? ) and stones were cascading with the rain water at some sections. Edited by Tromp

Watching “War Games “ from 1983 on DSTV now. I remember that being a major hi tech almost SciFi movie at the time. legend

One of my old favs too.

I recall reading somewhere long ago that at one stage the Kine Centre was the largest cinema in the southern hemisphere. I still went to watch movies there in the late 90's long after most people avoided the city centre. Think the last movie I saw there was Fight Club. Apparently nowadays the cinemas are used as a church or something...

Was this the cinema at the bottom of, or at least very close to the bottom of the Carlton center ? If so, that's where we saw Battlestar Galactica in surround sound.

Was this the cinema at the bottom of, or at least very close to the bottom of the Carlton center ? If so, that's where we saw Battlestar Galactica in surround sound.

Yep, just across the street from Carlton Centre

Yep, just across the street from Carlton Centre

I used to go to His Majesty's and Colosseum in Commissioner Street as well