Who remembers?

DPG

Anyone else remember this? I used to love it, would sometimes eat it straight out of the can: Ocean Fresh Curried Fish.

http://southafricanshop.net.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SA-shop-pictures.jpg

That and this is what I threatened to run away from for if my mother served it to me

post-523-0-11405500-1520248448_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those tins of curried fish and not fondly... definitely not one of my favorites. I once got some of it on a sandwich to school. Nobody bullied me for my sandwiches.

:D

That and this is what I threatened to run away from for if my mother served it to me

That goes lekker with mayonnaise on toast.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Joe Cools on the Durban Promenade in the 90's. Many a litre was consumed there on a weekend! Jugs of beer at the Berea Inn after tech during the week (should have spent more time at the afternoon tutorials instead....) Lunchtime at the Winston. Student night at Sand Pebbles on a Tuesday night. That little underground place called Ruby Tuesday close to LTP. Ports was another beachfront club. The Scrapyard, CC's... So many memories!

Anyone mentioned the LA on this thread yet ?

Sportmans Bar oustide, Slippers and Robert E Lee inside .. Good times ..

Anyone mentioned the LA on this thread yet ?

Sportmans Bar oustide, Slippers and Robert E Lee inside .. Good times ..

True story. Many memories lost there as well. Drinking Quarts and playing pool with the short stick at Sportsman's, Colin D introducing the same chick every week from a different part of the world on men's night, Partying hard upstairs at Robert E Lees, Slippers downstairs to chill at the end of the evening and getting kicked out of the beer garden in the early hours of the morning.

What a well spent youth we had.... I wonder if they were able to get the smell out before letting the old folks in.....?

Didn't they also turn the LA Hotel into a retirement complex too?  That's what I heard some time back

Definitely mentioned :D

I remember those tins of curried fish and not fondly... definitely not one of my favorites. I once got some of it on a sandwich to school. Nobody bullied me for my sandwiches.

When you really wanted to piss people off you'd open one of these in the classroom.2d6af1ec4bde942f8d2b7c994f2f98ef.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Roxy's was our jol. Go watch Sugardrive, Saron Gas, Nudies, or Henry Ate then off to Cats Pajamas for a 3am pizza

You forgot Squeal and Boo.

The very first MacDonalds in SA, to open at cresta, for a cheese burger at R2 and you got a free one if you were in the for than 2 minutes.

Intern,

We’re all waiting for a report that you made it back from the snake park... ;)

Didn't make it TO the snake park. Ended up at some jol in Vereeniging. Had like R2000 in my wallet when we set out, somehow when I tried to pay to go into the Vaal River Beach Club the next morning, where my mate stores his boat, and there was only R20 left. No idea how that happened. Who remembers? Not me, that's for sure.

Anyone else remember this? I used to love it, would sometimes eat it straight out of the can: Ocean Fresh Curried Fish.

You can actually make that stuff and it is delicious. My wife makes it with snapper in NZ...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this more fondly than a similar can in a ratpack with chilli con carne written on it.

I remember this more fondly than a similar can in a ratpack with chilli con carne written on it.

The only true word in that label was 'con'.

narrowly avoiding being stabbed by Eloise Driver (she hit me with a motorbike helmet, stabbed some other oke also named Donovan, weirdly, a week later)....man, those were the days.

Gawd..I remember that!

We would have definitely passed each other along the way. I used to DJ with Jason at Millers (under capital towers) and used to regularly frequent gigs at the basement

Edited by Stretch