• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to know.

What will they do? Fire you?

Oh, wait they cannot ... you don't work for them. :clap:

Arrest you cause you didn't want to pee? No hang on they need a warrant for that.

Laugh at his small tottie.

Some okes get given a tea cup, others a 2 litre bottle.

I'm kaking my pants here as i have SA XCo champs this weekend not because I'm willing & knowingly taking something illegal, but its possible that something illegal pops up in a test & then i get crucified by the hub. now i'm sure everyone is going to harp on about "it's your responsibility to check what you take" but lets be honest, how many of us really do & no i'm not a pro or elite either, just another average vet. I'm banking on Dischems good faith that all their supplements are not on the banned list.

They seem to be targeting mid to back of pack riders, so yes in your case I would be worried about being tested.

ILL REPEAT WHAT WAS said before why blow R5K on joe soap, clean up the sport from the pros, those who do this for a salary

Ok so lets forget the health and ethical reasons, what happens if you riding an event / race and some plonker oke takes a short cut to finish in position 666 instead of 999..... and the organizers find out...WHAT SHOULD THEY DO?

1. Ignore it because he is a plonking fun rider?

2. Ban him from future events and delete his result?

3. Or?

ILL REPEAT WHAT WAS said before why blow R5K on joe soap, clean up the sport from the pros, those who do this for a salary

Makes you wonder what happens to all the money. Marianne Vos won €525 for winning the overall and 4x €269 for stage wins at Giro Rosa.

Ignorance is no excuse, maybe you should care cause it might just be the death of you (worst case scenario and heaven forbid)

Why? what you scared of??

me nothing!!!!, ag please im on a good day a weekend warrior, im talking about the simple meds on the list that could easily be ingested due to ,,,,colds,flue, stomach problems

ignorance does not make you exempt from the law, THIS I KNOW I WAS TOLD IT IN COURT,

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT IGNORANCE im talking about i dont read my sleeping pills, blood pressure pills(yes im that old) so even if there was something illegal i wouldnt know, and to be honest i couldnt care, if my dr gives it to me ill take it he studied for years ill take it, i wont second guess over the counter muti or perscription pills cause i want to play on the weekend

It's a formal process, but surprise tests are normal and not always in conjunction with the where abouts program.

Part of the where abouts program is for riders to check in wherever, knowing that they're subject to a visit at anytime by testers.

So, if you're supposed to be at Harry's Sex Shop for two days and the testers arrive but you're in the next province. Problems.

Unfortunately this isn't in place a helluva lot, it comes back to money once again.

There's the thing... 300 tests over road and mtb (as per their 2013 reports) split amongst say 60 pro's, national championships, all the big races, out of competition testing, passports(!) - and now it seems testing back markers :eek:

We're pissing in the wind. Nothing more than a PR stunt frankly imho :blush:

Ok so lets forget the health and ethical reasons, what happens if you riding an event / race and some plonker oke takes a short cut to finish in position 666 instead of 999..... and the organizers find out...WHAT SHOULD THEY DO?

1. Ignore it because he is a plonking fun rider?NO

2. Ban him from future events and delete his result?DELETE HIS RESULT

3. Or?

swiss, i just think its like the police going after someone who litters rather than crack addicts,suppliers

AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT STERIODS, EPO,GROWTH HORMONE,

IM TALKING ABOUT STUFF MR AVERAGE COULD TAKE WITHOUT KNOWING ITS ON THE BANNED LIST

can some clever trevor post some examples please

swiss, i just think its like the police going after someone who litters rather than crack addicts,suppliers

AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT STERIODS, EPO,GROWTH HORMONE,

IM TALKING ABOUT STUFF MR AVERAGE COULD TAKE WITHOUT KNOWING ITS ON THE BANNED LIST

can some clever trevor post some examples please

me nothing!!!!, ag please im on a good day a weekend warrior, im talking about the simple meds on the list that could easily be ingested due to ,,,,colds,flue, stomach problems

ignorance does not make you exempt from the law, THIS I KNOW I WAS TOLD IT IN COURT,

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT IGNORANCE im talking about i dont read my sleeping pills, blood pressure pills(yes im that old) so even if there was something illegal i wouldnt know, and to be honest i couldnt care, if my dr gives it to me ill take it he studied for years ill take it, i wont second guess over the counter muti or perscription pills cause i want to play on the weekend

OK just dont call me Trevor... :-)

To qoute your particular medical situation, now just imagine you were taking these harmless weight lodd pills

Precautions

Phentermine should not be taken if:

* You have even mild hypertension (high blood pressure)

* You are insulin dependant

* You are taking any other stimulants

* You have a history of drug abuse

* You are normally a nervous or easily agitated person

http://www.theathlete.org/phentermine.htm

There's the thing... 300 tests over road and mtb (as per their 2013 reports) split amongst say 60 pro's, national championships, all the big races, out of competition testing, passports(!) - and now it seems testing back markers :eek:

We're pissing in the wind. Nothing more than a PR stunt frankly imho :blush:

Pretty much what I said, and a PR stunt with good odds.

Its really easy to find out if its banned, i'm doing an event next weekend and was on meds for shingles, tested the meds on the SAIDS web site...luckily they all came up with a big green tick....

dunno what i would have done if it was red :-()

Its really easy to find out if its banned, i'm doing an event next weekend and was on meds for shingles, tested the meds on the SAIDS web site...luckily they all came up with a big green tick....

dunno what i would have done if it was red :-()

now thats 100% my point, my dad had shingles dam nasty stuff, if the dr said take this in the morning and in 2 weeks you will be fine,,,,,ill take what ever,,,,THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT the last thing on my mind is my next fun "race" and what if i have to fill a cup

now thats 100% my point, my dad had shingles dam nasty stuff, if the dr said take this in the morning and in 2 weeks you will be fine,,,,,ill take what ever,,,,THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT the last thing on my mind is my next fun "race" and what if i have to fill a cup

Stop stressing....nothing bad will happen I promise

Cock up is YOU as individual handle that cup from start to finish....even when you have to devide it into "A" and "B" sample bottles, YOU do it....not the guy that tests....he just watch.....

I peed in the bath plenty as a lightie, a little on my hands isnt gonna kill me.

Hell, I may even wipe my hands on his coat when Im done :thumbup:

Edited by ChUkKy

Maybe they should increase the cost of licensing for all riders so that there is more money available for more frequent dope testing across a bigger pool of riders.