Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

I have a plan.....

I am going to get hold of this banned substance list, try and ingest as many of the banned substances on the list as I can, enter as many races as I think would increase my chances of being tested and hope that somewhere, somebody asks me to pee in a cup. WHEN I test positive and get banned, I might finally be able to stop having to come up with k@k excuses for my mates as to why my results were so bad. No more "mechanicals", "niggling ITB injuries", "strained muscles".....

THEN I can go ride my bike for the reason I purchased it in the first place, FOR FUN!

On a serious note, I agree that these clowns are wasting valuable time and money testing so far down the field, unless said testee has been on the radar for a while and has been noted to be climbing the rankings at an unusually fast pace and poses a direct threat to harvesting some of Mighty Mouse's salary cheque. Then by all means drain him of all his blood.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get all of you, but also, when your doctor prescribes you this medication, also ask him if he would recommend strenuous exercise or races while on it and how long after you can start training again.

See, it is also testing is also there to stop you when on something dangerous, but most people don't even bother asking their doctor when they can continue.

Issue is........as proven by the Hubber that also tested positive.....some stuff can stay for MONTH's in your system. So you might have been sick 4 times and healthy 5 times and the stuff you took the first time might still show up.

Issue is........as proven by the Hubber that also tested positive.....some stuff can stay for MONTH's in your system. So you might have been sick 4 times and healthy 5 times and the stuff you took the first time might still show up.

That is true, I do understand that, and that some of the stuff can test positive for only being a masking agent and not detrimental to health

So if you have flu, asthma or a heart condition, and are taking prescribed medicine, now you can't do mtb events because you could be tested and banned! Absolutely ridiculous.

So if you have flu, asthma or a heart condition, and are taking prescribed medicine, now you can't do mtb events because you could be tested and banned! Absolutely ridiculous.

Not true. Of course you can race.

All you need is a TUE and you will be fine.

I find it helps to have read the rules before taking an indignant position....

Personaly i would be more worried about my health than the doping controls

Boet, the rules only apply to the pro's.

Funriders are licensed to cheat

Guest Smimby

You want a funrider to apply for a TUE?

No I don't. But what I want and the provisions for medicating and racing are two different things.

The poster said if you are on prescription meds and you race you could be bust and WILL be banned. That is not true. The rules provide the mechanism to ensure you are not penalised.

I think the principal is that just because you are a fun rider it does not exempt you from the rules

Which rules she cries...

All the rules he says

Just like a short cut

There is a possible loop hole wrt to TUE's

However dont take my word for it

When you sign that entry form agreeing to obey the rules.....maybe try refuse to sign in future?

post-182-0-24525300-1405688381_thumb.png

As it was explained to me when asking about TUE, if it carries UCI status, it can be classified as 'international event'

I wouldn't want to run to SAIDS for a TUE for every snot nose I get, but for chronic stuff, why not? Or am I allowed to cheat because I've only ever been good enough for B batch in Trailseeker half marathons?

My point of view, good for the goose, good for the gander. Test everyone.

Apply for a TUE. Why not. Them are the rule.

On the other hand can you imagine the cluster ,um, shag, if every entrant to the Argus of 94 that was on meds applied for a TUE. It would be loads of fun.

Eish, I am sick as a dog and my doc prescribed Prednisone this morning. I am now officially on the banned list according to my Google. Not sure if I would be in a position to even attempt a hill at pace, sadly.

(Given that I am now a banning-in-waiting, I have also taken some diet pills.)

A couple years ago when my wife and I were trying for kids, I seemed to have a problem and the urologist prescribed Proviron. I took this for 2/3 months. I was racing in licensed vets at the time. If I was tested, would have received my 2 year ban. I have never won a vets race and to be honest just enjoy finishing with the main bunch. From what I understand this stays in your system for months if not a year after taking it. So at Carnival my name gets pulled and I'm caught out. I would not care if I was bust as having kids was far more important to me then racing. Testing random vets in my opinion is a waste of time. I have to agree with Wyat ans Spinnekop