Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

Rouxtjie; I agree. A doping pro (if such a thing exists :devil: ) must be slightly pleased if he sees tests spread through the field as it reduces the probability that he will be caught. duh.

I'm not even mid pack but "back pack" so don't really care who on what beats me as long as I have some company in the rear echelon and don't get time cut off because I'm averaging 16kph and everyone ahead of me, doped to the gills, is averaging 26kph. :eek:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Earp....I hear you and I am of the same opinion that a lot of "Fun riders" out there dope intentionally.

A Vet/Master/fun rider has NOTHING to gain except ego boost if they dope. The Elites do it for the money/pro contract.

I know that that is the case, but do not underestimate the power of the ego and the lengths people will go to make them look better than they really are .......

However, there is another category of backmarker who will test positive.

This is the inadvertent ingester of a banned substance. I am vrot with a cold and over the last week I have taken just about everything the pharmacy will sell me over the counter. A lot of medications balance the antihistamine in their cold remedies (which make you drowsy) with a amphetamine like substance to stop you from falling asleep at the wheel. BINGO, you are busted . I guess I will fall into that category if I am tested this weekend.

The pro whose livelihood is dependent on participation will have access to a team doctor who will scrutinise his medication or knows NEVER to take any over the counter muti. Us social riders, not so much.

Unfortunately there is no distinction drawn by the testing authorities.

My answer to our limited budget scenario. Only tests to licensed riders. No prize money for anybody that may win if unlicensed. Rider may not switch to licensed during a calender year (to prevent dopers switching after getting the benefit of doped training).

Obviously by licensed I mean Racing License not general CSA license.

Are we any wiser as to who this podium contender is, or did he just appear overnight ?

We know he is linked to Anderson transport, we know he rides a bike, we know he has never won anything major, but I sure as hell have no idea why he got tested.

There must have been big talks of him being a threat to the podium guys.

Are we any wiser as to who this podium contender is, or did he just appear overnight ?

We know he is linked to Anderson transport, we know he rides a bike, we know he has never won anything major, but I sure as hell have no idea why he got tested.

There must have been big talks of him being a threat to the podium guys.

He is a brother from another mother,,,,what do u want to know

He is a brother from another mother,,,,what do u want to know

Why some random dude that nobody knows, he is no threat to the podium, we don't call him sir, he is not a threat to the throne, has no Epic leaders jersey, never featured as one of the great mountain biking terrorists and is not a household name...........was tested.

Why some random dude that nobody knows, he is no threat to the podium, we don't call him sir, he is not a threat to the throne, has no Epic leaders jersey, never featured as one of the great mountain biking terrorists and is not a household name...........was tested.

Maybe he is a Hubber? They are coming for us man...!

They simply have too much money to pull through their poepholes, clearly

Ignorance is no excuse, maybe you should care cause it might just be the death of you (worst case scenario and heaven forbid)

Why? what you scared of??

If my doctor prescribed it for whatever reason I need it, I don't give a rats ass if it is on the band list or not. If you are so concerned about our cyclist safety start with a campaign for motorist, trucks, and busses to stop killing cyclist on the road. There are probably 10 cyclist being killed on the road, and high jackings, for every one who took some band substance.

If my doctor prescribed it for whatever reason I need it, I don't give a rats ass if it is on the band list or not. If you are so concerned about our cyclist safety start with a campaign for motorist, trucks, and busses to stop killing cyclist on the road. There are probably 10 cyclist being killed on the road, and high jackings, for every one who took some band substance.

I roughly agree with you but "band substance" is usually quite hardcore and you may end up looking like Mick Jagger!

Is this not perhaps policy from WADA? (to test number/percentage of elite, and 'social' athletes).

The same scenario is seen in other sports: triathlon, running, athletics, etc., so its not simply targeting cycling

There are a lot of IF's and probabily floating around.

I wonder what percentage of the controls are carried out on so called fun riders?

There are a lot of IF's and probabily floating around.

I wonder what percentage of the controls are carried out on so called fun riders?

Ja would also like to know....but will be hard to determine this since they would have to release the numbers.

My point is that even 1 is too many...wasting resources that they dont have.

Edited by rouxtjie

I roughly agree with you but "band substance" is usually quite hardcore and you may end up looking like Mick Jagger!

I can deal with Jagger, but what if I end up looking like Keith Richards......... or with a cyclists body like Elvis.

Let me rephrase that, my wife says I do look like Keith Richards but with Elvis' body :w00t:

I am not for doping in any way but I really dont see the point of testing this gentleman when they could of put the money and resources into catching one of the full time Pro's who are stealing money from the clean riders and denying them prize money, rides on a team etc etc.

To me, this was a "look we doing something towards anti doping" rather pathetic if you ask me and it sounds like this was a target test of some sorts. The product is hardly performance enhancing in any way.

I get all of you, but also, when your doctor prescribes you this medication, also ask him if he would recommend strenuous exercise or races while on it and how long after you can start training again.

See, it is also testing is also there to stop you when on something dangerous, but most people don't even bother asking their doctor when they can continue.

Besides that, everyone (not aimed at BAT's comment above) is saying that its a backmarker funrider and this has never been proved. Just because YOU don't know about him, does not mean he is not a serious racing guy, that may target SA champs or world in his age group. All of you just ASSUME that he is a backmarker funrider. It could just as well be that there has never been a cyclosport or funrider tested and that all of these guys DO have full racing licenses, subjecting them to fall under all scrutiny and testing protocols.