The Beer Debate

More bang for your buck perhaps?

That's what I think about Black Label, bang for your buck.

It's 5.5%, but I see the local liquor store is selling 1 litre Black Label quarts. Two of those and a beer glass and I'm sorted for the odd Saturday afternoon at home.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

can anyone comment on woodstock craft beers ?

saw a rating on a website that said best beer in south africa is woodstock beer mr. brownstone craft beer?

So I've been banting for about 3 months now, and recently found that Stellenbrau beers has NO CARBS:

http://stellenbrau.co.za/nutritional-value/

So my question - do you guys know of any other zero or very low carb beers? Icouldn't care less about anything other than carb content.

I find that claim a little questionable...

can anyone comment on woodstock craft beers ?

saw a rating on a website that said best beer in south africa is woodstock beer mr. brownstone craft beer?

You can't believe everything you read on the internet, but that claim is probably right  :clap:

Mr Brownstone is the funnest beer ever

Edited by lechatnoir

So I've been banting for about 3 months now, and recently found that Stellenbrau beers has NO CARBS:

http://stellenbrau.co.za/nutritional-value/

So my question - do you guys know of any other zero or very low carb beers? Icouldn't care less about anything other than carb content.

I wonder how they define a glycaemic carbohydrate? Maybe it's in the name?

Simple carbs are generally fermented out in most, but not all beers. But more complex carbs, but still carbs, such as dextrins and more generally polysaccharides typically remain in beer. Without them, beer tends to have a thin mouthfeel (think water-like).

• 1 month later...

Times they are a changing

Ireland has once again defied the stereotypes when they opened what’s claimed to be Europe’s very first no-alcohol pub last Friday. The Virgin Mary bar opened its doors at 2pm sharp on Capel Street with pub operating hours and a pub vibe, but with absolutely no alcohol on the premises.

Beers, wines, and cocktails will be on sale, but each of them will only be the 0% kind.

https://citizen.co.za/lifestyle/food-and-drink/2130621/first-alcohol-free-pub-opens-in-dublin/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not wanting to start another thread, this beer ad piqued my interest...if it gives vooma it might be the ideal EPO

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

f5eded47fe54c17ed48a0bea1b3b2e46.jpg

Technically, beer is made from malted barley and or corn. The hops are there as a bittering or flavouring addition in the boil cycle and dry hopping.

So yeah its all vegan.