• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Anybody else go to CT Fest of Beer?

Pretty disappointing, beers weren't that great, smaller stands than last year and can't believe some of the awards winners but have to agree on DPBC Grapefruit IPA being the best.

Feel like i'd rather spend my money on actual beers I like.

Anyone in the Cape really should make a plan to get to the Newlands Brewery and try the Passionate Blonde. One of my family members is a renowned beer taster and brewing consultant, and he rates this in his top 3 beers, world wide. 

http://brewmistress.co.za/sab-microbrewery-newlands-spring/ 

It's stocked in many places down here and isn't bad at all. but with the plethora of microbreweries around these days, it's very simple to find better. IMHO

I so want to try that. Seems our local bottle store doesn't stock it though. Might give Corona a try over the weekend.

I like corona a lot. It's really nice but far too expensive only have it once in a blue moon. First time I saw the SOL and there was only one left so took it. also nice.

I like corona a lot. It's really nice but far too expensive only have it once in a blue moon. First time I saw the SOL and there was only one left so took it. also nice.

You'll enjoy the Naked Mexican if you enjoyed Sol. I think it's brewed by CBC. Very similar taste.

Pop a slice of lime in a SOL. Had that in Mexico when I could afford to travel.