The Beer Debate

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh...!!!

I tried a high alcohol content IPA from Robson's called Hammer of Thor. That was 8,3% and it took a while to go down. Interested to hear what that tasted like...

That should call the one gnarly posted "lightling of zues" ! 

cause that Hammer of Thor was enough hammer-time for me!

Yoh...!!!

I tried a high alcohol content IPA from Robson's called Hammer of Thor. That was 8,3% and it took a while to go down. Interested to hear what that tasted like...

That Hammer of Thor isn't too bad. 

Biggest beers I've had so far were Sink The Bismark (41%) and Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32%), both from Brewdog.

They're special in their own right. 

Yoh...!!!

It was a bit too strong.... tasted like Grolsch on steroids.

That Hammer of Thor isn't too bad. 

Biggest beers I've had so far were Sink The Bismark (41%) and Tactical Nuclear Penguin (32%), both from Brewdog.

They're special in their own right. 

CRIKEY...  :eek:

nope, dont fancy the strong beers.... it's too much like champagne...and who ever only ever has one beer and then say..that was nice... lets fall over...

nope, dont fancy the strong beers.... it's too much like champagne...and who ever only ever has one beer and then say..that was nice... lets fall over...

That's why these two beers have earned their names...

post-1604-0-92500100-1450084574_thumb.jpg

post-1604-0-61634700-1450084591_thumb.jpg

I'm busy working through the local brews here in Nigeria. Star is my favourite so far but they have some decent brews. Bottoms up guys. Enjoy the holidays.

any1 else notice how the Devil's Peak Pale Ale as well as the Kings Blockhouse IPA taste drastically changed since they started only bottling the 340ml bottles? Dunno if it's just me  :blush:  I don't know if the First Light also changed.

All you craft beer guru's out there, a question to you, is it normal for beer creations to change that drastically? I know wine does year after year. If so, does the run-of-the-mill stuff also change year in and year out?

If you are a "light" beer drinker I would highly recommend 3 Fransen Street.

My new favourite.

Especially the Cream Ale.

http://comarochronicle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2015/09/1541kbierfest1-Medium.jpg

Ahh man Notties is the stuff. Whistling Weasel Pale Ale is still a champ.

I love that whole area, used to fly fish up there often.

My son's in school up the road in Mooi River, so I look for excuses to visit him! Don't touch alcohol anymore, but always buy some stuff for mates. Like chewing the fat with the brewers when I am there too. Lovely spot!

• 3 months later...