The Beer Debate

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Can now buy the original wife beater here in SA!!!! Found it at Liquor City.

I thought Stella was the wife beater? 

Can now buy the original wife beater here in SA!!!! Found it at Liquor City.

attachicon.gifIMG_5806.JPG

Good lord! Haven't seen one of those for a while.

Just shows how random the craft/imported beer craze is currently in SA.......

give me good old Castle lite none of the 3x the price craft beer with sand and other crap in it!

I hate how craft beer has become the in think at MTB races the problem is they cost so much and most of the time i havent even heard of the brand... sure serve craft beer but make sure we have the regular stuff there too.

Close the thread admin..

Edited by VicanZA

I thought Stella was the wife beater? 

You are correct, but this is the original Wife Beater... makes Stella look amateur.

If you are a "light" beer drinker I would highly recommend 3 Fransen Street.

My new favourite.

Especially the Cream Ale.

http://comarochronicle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2015/09/1541kbierfest1-Medium.jpg

Also really enjoy these... it's actually SAB's 'craft' beer - hence the more competitive pricing  ;)

Just getting into the all grain side of home brewing and really enjoying it. I currently have a Brewdog "Blackdog" clone in the keg and my better half has brewed up a BIG beer +-10% ABV, called the "Dog Fight" also from the Brewdog DIY series.

post-3245-0-00609200-1473330106_thumb.jpg

Black Dog

Got a couple brews under the belt now and for the most part they have all been great (except for my Leffe Blonde clone, which is a bit of a let down).

Plans are afoot to upsize the brewery and go electric.

First plan is to try build up a control panel similar to the one set out here  :devil:

EDIT to add: Currently using the Brew In A Bag (BIAB) method, which only requires a single vessel and simplifies the process a bit, without affecting the end result too much. Been cool learning though and definitely a good (and relatively cheap) way of getting into home brewing  :thumbup:

Edited by Super_mil

give me good old Castle lite none of the 3x the price craft beer with sand and other crap in it!

I hate how craft beer has become the in think at MTB races the problem is they cost so much and most of the time i havent even heard of the brand... sure serve craft beer but make sure we have the regular stuff there too.

Close the thread admin..

To each his own. I'd gladly pay 2x for a decent craft beer and have only one of them, than drink castle lite. If there are only mass produced beer, I'll gladly have a Windhoek Draught though.

Castle lite is brewed at a high gravity, giving it high alcohol and sugar levels, and is then watered down with sofa weer to give it the lite values.

Castle lite is brewed at a high gravity, giving it high alcohol and sugar levels, and is then watered down with sofa weer to give it the lite values.

Is this something you have first hand knowledge of, or just a braai-side 'SAB rumor'?