Who has the right of way?

georges

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He he...i would like to see that happen..

please note, there is no specifying WHO becomes roadkill here, as in [my] the attempt to pass due to likely frustration, either party is at risk of getting hurt (and as someone else said much earlier, sometimes there are sheer drops off of cliffs when you try to pass).

either way, the "become roadkill" post was in a sarcastic tone, not provocative.

my thought exactly. He'll ride faster through most single track on his rigid SS than most guys on dualies

Thanks for the vote of confidence safari, however you and your boet always remind me of the pecking order when it comes to tech stuff...hanging on for dear life on your wheels.

please note, there is no specifying WHO becomes roadkill here, as in [my] the attempt to pass due to likely frustration, either party is at risk of getting hurt (and as someone else said much earlier, sometimes there are sheer drops off of cliffs when you try to pass).

either way, the "become roadkill" post was in a sarcastic tone, not provocative.

Good to know that...now we wont have to scrape you off a tree.....just joking. We all share a common goal..get fit and enjoy getting fit, so we should all get along. Dont you think..

This catch-22 is exactly the point I am trying to bring across. When cyclist A won't give way because they are stubborn, it makes cyclist B adapt to survive, thereby applying the same bad attitude to whoever the next victim is a.k.a. cyclist C.

As I've mentioned before, give way when someone is faster than you and thereby chivalry will work its way back in and other cyclists will show more consideration when you are faster than they are.

When I've been riding a bit longer I want to be just like you. You sound like a winner on and off the bike.

Right now I can only dream.

Soon, with hard work and some sacrifice, I'll be able to pass people on the single track and thehub.

Its Quite simple if your getting stuck behind people on single track the train harder and HTFU. If you are blocking people in single track then have a few beers pre race, does wonders for your ST riding :whistling: .

Is it ok to ask what the deal is with water bridges?

So given i will be falling into the drink on this blerry Urban Assault, is it OK to swim back to the floating bridge, and probably take out everybody else on the thing? What are my options if it is too deep - my bike is going to sink, so what do I do?

Its a vehicle. The person in front has right of way. You may only pass if it is safe to do so...unless you own a taxi (tandem) in which case you can do what you want.

Don't get the Tandem Tannies started! lol

You okes on your mountain bikes need to relax and come ride on the road, where if someone is slower than you, drop the hammer and pass them!

Much less aggravation on the road :ph34r:

From the few MTB "races" I have done, unless you # 1 and 2 on the road, most single track or technical section, you stop wait and form a line. You cannot take a "race" where you have so much time off the bike seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. :whistling:

When I've been riding a bit longer I want to be just like you. You sound like a winner on and off the bike.

Right now I can only dream.

Soon, with hard work and some sacrifice, I'll be able to pass people on the single track and thehub.

At the risk of sounding daft... I'm not sure what you mean. Tone of voice may have helped here *chuckles*

At the risk of sounding daft... I'm not sure what you mean. Tone of voice may have helped here *chuckles*

Basically it says....

You are trying too hard.