Littering and PRO's

Guest Smimby

No one use the USN toothpaste tube type vooma gels? You get 80g off gel as opposed to 30g and no little plastic bit to tear off... works well I reckon.

Awesome product & it's half the price of imported stuff.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would normal insulation tape do the trick? Duct tape it a b!tch to remove! 

Ja, but I would make the insulation tape run all the way around the top tube of the bike a couple of times. Like you say, duct tape is super strong so in paddling we just use a strip of it.

I totally agree. I also think that the springboard rugby players should repaint the white lines when they mess them up and must stop spitting on the field. It's gross.

While we are at it all formula 1 drivers must plant trees to compensate for the carbon footprint of the racing.

Pro golfers must rake and tidy up the bunkers and fix all divets

Soccer players must do their own hair

Seriously, and then you are more than likely the person who moans that this country will never be 1st world?

these little bits of plastic are painful to deal with .....easier to spit it out, that's a fact. Also dangerous to remove from mouth to transfer to pockets as your hand already holding the sachet ....I am ashamed to say I tend to spit em out but keep the big part once used in my pocket.

All for a redesign of sorts where one possibly rips off a portion of the top and it stays attached.

No need to blame anyone else, you are the person doing the littering. And they are not dangerous, I use them and do not spit it out, so do MANY other people.

So stealing in your mind is ok if it is R100 but R1000 rand is a no no?

Hey Smimby. Nice try but I'm not much of a complainer. Also are you saying pro riders in Europe don't litter? Hmm. Not sure about that. I have done an amateur race in Europe as well and you will be shocked at the amount of gels chucked. Europe is first world I believe.

Actually my pet peeve is the km of graded "single track" being cut across vast swathes of our country. Unsightly, seldom environmentally friendly and much worse than the corner of a gel dropped on a tar road in the city. But hey, we AL, have different issues I guess.

Actually I detest litter but feel the pros should have people cleaning up after them. Personally I won't carry gels anymore but make my mixtures myself and put in a reusable bottle. It eliminates the chance of dropping a gel.

I'm with Smimby on this one, trying to justify it by "oh its only a small bit of plastic" or "but look at what X does" doesn't excuse littering, ever.

Respect the environment, leave your sense of entitlement back at home.

Edited by droenn

Happy noted "Actually my pet peeve is the km of graded "single track" being cut across vast swathes of our country. Unsightly, seldom environmentally friendly"

One day someone will wake up that this needs an EIA or something. Dan gaan die k*k spat.

Ride a tandem then your stoker can take care of all the bits and pieces.

I don't understand why anybody need Gu's :huh:  You have bottles or backpacks with energy drink in it

Seriously, and then you are more than likely the person who moans that this country will never be 1st world?

No need to blame anyone else, you are the person doing the littering. And they are not dangerous, I use them and do not spit it out, so do MANY other people.

So stealing in your mind is ok if it is R100 but R1000 rand is a no no?

Hey I did say I am ashamed to say ...also I always admonish myself so severely when I spit out the lil plastic thingy.....so if you in the cradle or some cycling event and you hear some ou kakking himself out for it, that's me

Hey I did say I am ashamed to say ...also I always admonish myself so severely when I spit out the lil plastic thingy.....so if you in the cradle or some cycling event and you hear some ou kakking himself out for it, that's me

Rather than be ashamed, dont do it!

I don't understand why anybody need Gu's :huh:  You have bottles or backpacks with energy drink in it

Each to his own - there are many ways to skin a cat, most often based on personal preference as we know.

Some of us prefer to race with water in our bottles and concentrated carbs in our pockets. I personally can't stand the taste of anything but plain water after a couple hours of riding. And I prefer water in my bottles so that I have the option of spraying my face/glasses or squirt a little down my neck on a hot day if I need to.

Ja, but I would make the insulation tape run all the way around the top tube of the bike a couple of times. Like you say, duct tape is super strong so in paddling we just use a strip of it.

Why not just make a duct tape tether between the rip off part and the "body" of the sachet - that way when you rip it off it will stay on the Body of the sachet..

Like so

post-29797-0-32570100-1415787972_thumb.jpg

Why not just make a duct tape tether between the rip off part and the "body" of the sachet - that way when you rip it off it will stay on the Body of the sachet..

Like so

post-29797-0-32570100-1415787972_thumb.jpg

Did you know that the banana peel is not supposed to turfed, as it takes up to TWO years to biodegrade and many parks have now banned this practice. 

So please don't do that either

That's interesting. Thanks for the insight as I never knew that and I used to toss the banana peel. It will now go back into my pocket  :thumbup: