Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Cycling you can stream on many different platforms. The problem lies with locql sport

My problem is I couldnt be bothered with streaming etc....part too lazy and part too stupid. I love sport too much so I just pretend to smile and accept the cost of the convenience to flip on the TV.

Also PVR a lot of cycling cos its often on when I cant watch live.....

Edited by EmptyB

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is I couldnt be bothered with streaming etc....part too lazy and part too stupid. I love sport too much so I just pretend to smile and accept the cost of the convenience to flip on the TV.

Also PVR a lot of cycling cos its often on when I cant watch live.....

I think a lot more people are going to start dropping them since their prices go up on 1 April...

Dropped them a year ago and and best money I've saved R8000 or there about a year I'll take it ,now watch movies and series on a hard drive .what you want when you want, I do miss some sporting events that I used to watch but I got over that very quickly.

I downloaded the Eurosport App this weekend. For 4 dollars a month most of the sport I enjoy is available

How can one watch the Moto GP without DSTV?

Edit: and SBK

Edited by Quincy

Don't know but I think I might have fallen into the DSTV trap again...

Got a Drifta for Android as a gift over the weekend....So on DSTV mobile now. Has a series catchup channel, Kyknet, etc etc and SS 1-4 all for 49pm,m guess its ok and it works like a charm on my S4 and Galaxy Note 10.1. Really missed the sport

AFRIHOST have very nice (cheap) deals. If you buy lets say 300 gig they won't throttle you. 

We skipped dstv completely. A very nice app to stream (not actual stream) is popcorn time. 

Its a small app that you download and then use to watch movies and series. 

I downloaded the Eurosport App this weekend. For 4 dollars a month most of the sport I enjoy is available

do you get live pictures or news updates.

I have also cancelled my DSTV due to moving, wife no longer moving etc.

Missing Rugby every now and then but will definetaly miss the cycling. So if I can get help on how to see this it will be appreciated.

I guess you need a lot of data for this though?

Going to miss the daily EPIC updates and show. But my friend has an STD DSTV so will go watch there.

All "friends" who don't have DSTV are BANNED during cycling events

All "friends" who don't have DSTV are BANNED during cycling events

Hahah! How about enabling DSTV HD just for July and everybody pitches in who wants to watch TDF. Just remember to disable it quickly since DSTV needs 1 month notice before they cancel. Epic coverage is so crap not worth paying for it and can be watched on youtube.

Hahah! How about enabling DSTV HD just for July and everybody pitches in who wants to watch TDF. Just remember to disable it quickly since DSTV needs 1 month notice before they cancel. Epic coverage is so crap not worth paying for it and can be watched on youtube.

TBH

I find the Epic boring and don't even bother.Marathon racing is increadibly boring compared to XC

Until a few months ago I would enable DSTV if friends came over for rugby or if I went away for a week so the house-sitter would have DSTV. Cancel again when I come back and paid pro-rata for the days I watched. Works well, even received discount from the R49 pm I pay for the Walka!

But then they wises up and as I understand they now bill until the end of the billing month. So if you enable on the 3rd you basically subscribe for entire month.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone found any decent ISP deals recently? ditching Helkom this month and am looking at Openweb unshaped to support the incoming Apple TV / Netflicks & torrent

Package I was looking over was a 300gig unshaped (100 peak and 200 after hours) on a 10mb line. 

Have had a bit of a look about at the usual suspects but wondering if anyone has heard of any good deals.