Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. So here we are in Blouberg. Looking to do 50 odd or so, leisure, some winetasting in between, or something else from here- after all we drove 1780 km to be here.... any recommendations please?

Ok. So here we are in Blouberg. Looking to do 50 odd or so, leisure, some winetasting in between, or something else from here- after all we drove 1780 km to be here.... any recommendations please?

all planning in Blouberg starts at Blue Peter

Thursday night is Doodles night in Blouberg dude! All the bikers will be there!

Edited by Tubehunter

Tokara, Thelema, Rust en Vrede, La Motte to name a few....out in Stellenbosch and Franschoek. ...oh and Waterford...Wine and Chocolate pairing....and Fairview in Paarl....ask for the Masters Tasting....????

Now will SANPARKS refund the R150 which goes to them for cycling on Chapmans Peak drive??? I think they should. 

Now will SANPARKS refund the R150 which goes to them for cycling on Chapmans Peak drive??? I think they should. 

I think they can keep it as a donation towards fire fighting.

what about that hill that goes past the quarry onto durbanville hills wine farm ?

Contermans Kloof?

Jeez. You should try living with e-tolls.

Explain some more please.

What a sad thing to happen to this great event. I would be so disappointed if I had entered. Its just one of those things though. Sympathy to all the disappointed people.

Having toiled through this thread one thing bothers me a little. If someone is upset at the organization, or feels a better alternative could have been found, it doesn't follow that the person complaining doesn't care about an old lady whose house burnt down. Or doesn't care about burnt animals, or about hardworking fireman. It's a different issue. It reminds of of the days of PW Botha. If you dared to criticize him or his stupid policies you were automatically a communist. Well same thing here. You have a right to not like the shortened route. It doesn't make you a hater of fire victims.

Different things. Logic.

No you can't ride the 109 km route

No you can't do two laps

No they won't refund you your R400

No they won't come up with another long route before Sunday

But be happy,

Be happy that you are healthy enough and physically capable of riding a bicycle

Be happy that you can afford to ride a bicycle

Be happy you are able to plan and pay for a weekend to the coast

Be happy that you weren't one of the people who lost their homes in the fire

Be happy that you weren't one of the many animals that died in the fire

Be happy that the biggest problem you have in life is missing out on the Argus cycle race, because apparently it is.

post-294-0-34519600-1425583434_thumb.jpg

Sandro, I like 1000X!

We drove Ou Kaapse Weg totdat and it looks like a lunar landscape and was still smouldering. We were at Cape point and there was a big fire too. If i knew how to post pics with my tablet, i'd show you