• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy took a KOM I had for several years sometime last week

Average speed 296 kmh

Date of ride 1 Jan 1970

Despite flagging it it still sits there at 1

Wow, that happened a long time ago, move on, you shouldnt keep a grudge that long....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A guy took a KOM I had for several years sometime last week

Average speed 296 kmh

Date of ride 1 Jan 1970

Despite flagging it it still sits there at 1

Die Muishond? Going so fast that time has surrendered

You guys don't know what it is like to live in a tiny town that has hosted National time trials and is flat as a pancake. The World 70.3 Ironman Champ rode a recent 90km in a HalfIM in under 2 hours during a massive storm with 80+kph wind and horizontal rain. It makes all my KOM's back home look like a total waste of time.

You moved to a place without mountains?

You must either not like riding your bikes, or really hated your old place/country?

#nosympathy #timetrailharder

You moved to a place without mountains?

You must either not like riding your bikes, or really hated your old place/country?

#nosympathy #timetrailharder

I sit and look at pics of the Durbanville hills in the 'where does my e-bike take me' thread and get all misty eyed :( at some point I need to pull finger and either get a proper road/TT bike with proper cleats or I need to venture further afield to some trails. (But I have had about 15 KOM's since I arrived here in Aus so not all bad. A new driveway is always an advantage ^^^^^^^)

• 2 months later...

Tried my luck with a KOM yesterday, blew myself and my lungs in pieces...

rsOaBxE.jpg

Please Note: I weigh 62kg, so if my maths is correct it is 5.9W/kg

As you can see from the graph above, I ran out of gas at the end.

pC6rGL7.jpg

Theuns van der Bank really put up a solid time for the segment! Will be very hard to beat, but I will return in a month to try again.

I feel my strong point is short, punchy climbs. 

Happy with my performance but it was a real shock to my system.

Theuns van der Bank really put up a solid time for the segment! Will be very hard to beat, but I will return in a month to try again.

Don't be so hard on yourself - that oke loves to draft behind his dad's car when taking KOM's around Durbanville - might be that he did it on those segments as well.

On the face of it, a Strava KOM is just another form of online dick-wagging. I do find them useful though as I like seeing my progress up the ladder as I continue to train. There is one segment on my regular route around Korsman's bird sanctuary in Benoni that I keep in my training rides no matter what.

Seeing that little PR badge after a ride is a pointless pat on the back that somehow really motivates me to keep going and train harder.

Also, if I can take a road KOM on a MTB with off-road tyres I'll just have something else to lord over my roadie friends.

rsOaBxE.jpg

Please Note: I weigh 62kg, so if my maths is correct it is 5.9W/kg

As you can see from the graph above, I ran out of gas at the end.

pC6rGL7.jpg

I feel my strong point is short, punchy climbs.

Happy with my performance but it was a real shock to my system.

Get your wind direction right too.

Pacing up that one is very tricky

Lekka man lekka ????????????????

Jip......my "good friend" Cav' is busy mass murdering my KOMs near his house. 

Monster form and age helps....

bitch.

If he wasn't on a Cannondale, I'd flag his azzz 

Just saying

On the face of it, a Strava KOM is just another form of online dick-wagging. I do find them useful though as I like seeing my progress up the ladder as I continue to train. There is one segment on my regular route around Korsman's bird sanctuary in Benoni that I keep in my training rides no matter what.

Seeing that little PR badge after a ride is a pointless pat on the back that somehow really motivates me to keep going and train harder.

Also, if I can take a road KOM on a MTB with off-road tyres I'll just have something else to lord over my roadie friends.

Im sure that QOMs will disagree.