Pyga Industries launches the Stage: a new carbon marathon bike with a twist

News bot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I've been riding a Pyga Zero 29, hardtail, for a couple of years now and I farking love the thing. The Stage Max will be my next bike. Remember, the Pros pay diddly for their bikes. They're getting paid to ride whatever brand is forking out at the time. It's marketing 101, and it's obviously working on a lot of you! So instead of looking for reasons to hate the Pigga, just take one for a spin. If the old hardtail does what it does, the new carbon boy will without a doubt be an absolute riot. ALSO you can go and talk to the okes who design the things. In the flesh! Pat and his gang in PMB or Mark and his gang in Slaapies. Try doing that on a 'famous name' bike.

"Pat and his gang in PMB or Mark and his gang in Slaapies. Try doing that on a 'famous name' bike." The discrepancy between engineering departments and testing crews are substantial with most brands. Not that many notice. Regrettably. 

​Remarkable seeing the contagious anti-Pyga sentiment from some, supported by some very tenuous logic.

If I was going to own a quiver-killing 29er for local conditions, this would be it. 

Just to be clear.  I never said the bike is junk.  How would I know?

It's just retardedly expensive.  As are S-Works, Carbon Scalpels, Trek 9.8's. 

I just don't see how (other than Giant) no one has attacked the market by doing this cheaper (maybe with XT 11 speeds it will drop a bit) or making it worthwhile to buy second-hand (by making warranties transferable or extendable).

Instead, we get "cheap and easy ways to finance your dream bike" - because more consumer debt is what this country needs.  It's a bike, not bypass surgery.

It's just retardedly expensive.  As are S-Works, Carbon Scalpels, Trek 9.8's.”

The market will price at demand level. Similar fundamental economics to automotive purchasing and property rentals.

I just don't see how (other than Giant) no one has attacked the market by doing this cheaper (maybe with XT 11 speeds it will drop a bit”

Ironically, for many who purchase bicycling goods at this near six-figure price level the absolute price, and knowledge that others are cognisant of that price point, is part of the appeal. Odd? Yes. But ostentation is the face of staggering income inequality is a South Africanism.

or making it worthwhile to buy second-hand (by making warranties transferable or extendable).”

Two market forces at work here. Consumers, tutored in behaviour by the electronics industry, actually believe in the 12 month product cycle; even if a new model year product is only a kaleidoscope of different colour ways. New is good: preowned is a hand-me-down cricket bat: bad.

As a manufacturer: do you wish to own a legacy issue? I don’t. “Never raced or road-gapped… Lightly used.” Sure. Mass to wear coefficient needs to be considered too. Is a pre-owned 96kg rider bike worth less than a similar 70kg owner bike? Probably. How does this influence the warrantee fluidity?

“Instead, we get "cheap and easy ways to finance your dream bike" - because more consumer debt is what this country needs.” A fool and his/her money are easily parted.

We all need to go back to steel single-speeds with 130mm, 34 stanchion forks and droppers. There will be such harmony on the trails if this transpires. 

Edited by Lance Cruz

Sni snip snip

We all need to go back to steel single-speeds with 130mm, 34 stanchion forks and droppers. There will be such harmony on the trails if this transpires. 

Not in my lifetime since in most cases it's not the bike but the oke that would be a chop in most other spheres of life as well, just my humble opinion anyway ....

We all need to go back to steel single-speeds with 140mm, 34 stanchion forks and droppers. There will be such harmony on the trails if this transpires. 

fixed for you :P

We all need to go back to steel single-speeds 1x10 with 130mm 150mm, 34 35 stanchion forks and droppers. There will be such harmony on the trails if this transpires. 

Done  :thumbup:  Happy, harmonious days!

Edited by Ryanpmb

"This thread… I can't believe nobody's been called Hitler yet."

Actually, I think the debate has been mostly constructive and necessary, with interesting questions being asked about pricing, sourcing, economies of scale and the marketing budgets versus actual heritage.