ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Quick Q. Online store for running shoes? I'm sure this has been asked a million times before.

For me it depends what brand

Altra I use either thesavagebiz.co.za or the Altra SA website, Salomon have an SA website, Nike have a direct to consumer website and I buy ASICS from sportsmans warehouse. 

I will only buy exact repeats on line though. Size between brands and size between same brand different models can differ hugely. But I'm sure you know that!

32 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I will only buy exact repeats on line though. Size between brands and size between same brand different models can differ hugely. But I'm sure you know that!

What about repeats of the same model but different year. E.g. Asics Gel Nimbus 22 vs Asics Gel Nimbus 23?

Just now, Duane_Bosch said:

What about repeats of the same model but different year. E.g. Asics Gel Nimbus 22 vs Asics Gel Nimbus 23?

In my experience it is best to try on any changes. Even if it's just the lacing.

Altra Lone peak 3 were nearly a full size smaller than the previous model lone peak.

I also had some Nike Free runs which were perfect, then ordered the following year version with slightly different lacing and they pinched my forefoot so much I gave them away.

IMHO (very humble) any changes need to be tried on. Sometimes it's not at all necessary, but sometimes it is. 

I'm now overly cautious  

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

In my experience it is best to try on any changes. Even if it's just the lacing.

Altra Lone peak 3 were nearly a full size smaller than the previous model lone peak.

I also had some Nike Free runs which were perfect, then ordered the following year version with slightly different lacing and they pinched my forefoot so much I gave them away.

IMHO (very humble) any changes need to be tried on. Sometimes it's not at all necessary, but sometimes it is. 

I'm now overly cautious  

Oops.

25 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm now overly cautious  

So I was brave and online ordered the nike pegasus trail after loving the old ones so much. Got lucky in that the new ones are an even better shape and fit. Nice wide toe box. Been a pleasure to run in so far

Just now, dave303e said:

So I was brave and online ordered the nike pegasus trail after loving the old ones so much. Got lucky in that the new ones are an even better shape and fit. Nice wide toe box. Been a pleasure to run in so far

Lucky!

I have a pair in the cupboard I'm going to break out at the end of the month and wear them in for Lesotho....

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Lucky!

I have a pair in the cupboard I'm going to break out at the end of the month and wear them in for Lesotho....

I looked at the Nike online store at the knit something and blah. Their support shoe. And the video of the guy modellling the shoe has me so disturbed that I can't see myself buying a Nike product ever again.

I was never a fan of Nike but this has closed the door forever.

https://www.nike.com/za/t/react-infinity-run-flyknit-2-road-running-shoes-QTGr9C/CT2357-007

Edited by Duane_Bosch

5 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

I looked at the Nike online store at the knit something and blah. Their support shoe. And the video of the guy modellling the shoe has me so disturbed that I can't see myself buying a Nike product ever again.

https://www.nike.com/za/t/react-infinity-run-flyknit-2-road-running-shoes-QTGr9C/CT2357-007

I have very quickly learned that these marketing types are on another planet, don't get me started on the false and selective advertising in the outdoor running community.

Don't take it seriously, finding the show that works best for your foot is still the most important factor whether the advert disturbs you or not, and a real runner doesn't need add campaigns to know what that feels like on your foot.

11 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I have very quickly learned that these marketing types are on another planet, don't get me started on the false and selective advertising in the outdoor running community.

Don't take it seriously, finding the show that works best for your foot is still the most important factor whether the advert disturbs you or not, and a real runner doesn't need add campaigns to know what that feels like on your foot.

I just went for the newer version of what I'm on.

This running thing is much like my surfing. I don't have the time (or money) to experiment on maybe's so I just get the thing that I know works. I pay more for my boards but I KNOW they will work from wave #1.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

59 minutes ago, dave303e said:

My wife orders all her running shoes like that, usually from online running shops in Germany and she has not had any problems.

Me... I wont take the chance unless its the exact same model / size that I have already tested and worn.

1 hour ago, Duane_Bosch said:

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

Nike (and many other competing brands) are marketing more towards the fitness/athleisure crowd. It's like how every 2nd car is a SUV/CUV/whateverUV.

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

hahahaha the one label on the shoe says 'Nike React'...... they definitely got YOU to react! hahaha