ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one and used it twice (indoors) since I have the HRM-Run strap.

Been wanting to put it on the classifieds for some time so if someone is in need let me know. The running belt with the Fenix 3 generally does the trick so not sure it will be relevant in that case Andrew.

Yeah, for just a slight upgrade on pace readings there's not much value for me it would appear. And I just don't run on a treadmill (thank the pope)

:thumbup:  

Bloody impressive times, but I can't help but think he's delved in a little (lot) of the naughty stuff... :D

Coco pops for breakfast?

2h31 Marathon...insane.

garmins suuntos cadence footpods marathons...its all been happening here...would love to chat and contribute but im running around like a headless chicken at the moment!

keep it real guys

garmins suuntos cadence footpods marathons...its all been happening here...would love to chat and contribute but im running around like a headless chicken at the moment!

keep it real guys

It's all time in the legs Stretchy

Good luck with the settling in, look forward to hearing/seeing how it's going once you're settled.

So after our daughter was born my running took a backseat to allow my wife to start training again.

To get some structured training she followed the marathon training plan on garmin connect. She mainly ran on the treadmill (up to 2 hours at a time) as it's difficult to be away from the little one for extended periods as she feeds when she wants too(the cot thingy was always next to the treadmill)

This past Sunday was the masters marathon, and to say that I'm super duper proud is an understatement.

144 days after giving birth my superwoman ran a PB marathon of 3h55

21273097_10207919933635767_4940071857639

the next day she entered for comrades (her second one), so I'll see some of you on 10 June 2018. I'll be the crazy screaming oke with a baby on the back somewhere at the 50km mark and again at the finish.

ps If anyone has a HR based training plan with some structured workouts for comrades I'd really appreciate a copy.

Four and a half months after childbirth? Lordy, women are hardcore. And not just happy to complete it but to run a fantastic time as well, big respect! Edited by Barry Stuart

Back in the day,Comrades Runners only had those cheap stop watches, and the batteries lasted for about 1-2 years. Now we cant even train for 4 days, before we have to charge the damn things. I remember when my dad use to run the Comrades, early 80's, he used a Casio. Looks kinda like this one. If the battery went dead, no prob, just unscrew the back part and buy a battery at the local pharmacy :clap: . Easy Peasy.

post-32956-0-25398800-1504758689.jpg

Back in the day,Comrades Runners only had those cheap stop watches, and the batteries lasted for about 1-2 years. Now we cant even train for 4 days, before we have to charge the damn things. I remember when my dad use to run the Comrades, early 80's, he used a Casio. Looks kinda like this one. If the battery went dead, no prob, just unscrew the back part and buy a battery at the local pharmacy :clap: . Easy Peasy.

There is no way he could have ran the Comrades without knowing his cadence, heartrate, pace, average pace, rate of ascension, hydration reminders etc

You had the Forerunner 230 right?   Care to share why the change?

Am I correct is seeing that Suunto has way more battery life than the Garmins?

Had a 220, which got battery probs. Then went to the Suunto Ambit3 and now switched back to Garmin. Main reason was integration - I had to ride with long discontinued Edge, which is now on it's last bike mount for biking, plus 2 HR straps (in order to get the fitness metrics through to one source. And now the Edge has also started giving issues... 

Massive battery life on the A3P! 

Back in the day,Comrades Runners only had those cheap stop watches - 1

I remember when my dad use to run the Comrades, early 80's, he used a Casio.  - 2

1.  Forward to 58:45

2. Zach Miller at UTMB this weekend...

post-2734-0-07999700-1504767438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jackes

Definetly Spanish clenbuterol free steaks from el pisterelo butchery

"2015 M50 London Marathon winner"

So these guys are wasting their time with ahtletics testing as well?

There is no way he could have ran the Comrades without knowing his cadence, heartrate, pace, average pace, rate of ascension, hydration reminders etc

it is absolutely rediculous actually, did a night 'trail' run last night, really just a chilled race and afterwards all you hear is-

What was your time?

All you see is people syncing watches to phones and getting activity to strava.

2 of the top 3 didn't even use watches to time their runs, got some funny looks when got asked what my time was and replied 'no I didn't bother with my watch, I will get the official time tomo in the results.'

it is absolutely rediculous actually, did a night 'trail' run last night, really just a chilled race and afterwards all you hear is-

What was your time?

All you see is people syncing watches to phones and getting activity to strava.

2 of the top 3 didn't even use watches to time their runs, got some funny looks when got asked what my time was and replied 'no I didn't bother with my watch, I will get the official time tomo in the results.'

Maybe that's why there are so many injuries. Everybody is looking at stride lengths and cadence  and changing the running posture etc. Just run how your body feels relaxed in. Just my 2c

So we did a comparable run this morning again to check that calories on my wife's watch that is so way down on her new watch.  Now same watches, Forerunner 230's.  Same route together, everything, here is the data...

Mine - 10.01 km /  58:49 /  786 C / 151 bpm-Avg HR / 165 bpm Max HR 

161 spm Avg Cadence  / 168 spm Max Cadence  / 1.06 m Avg Stride Length

Heart Rate Zones

Z5 - 0:47 - 1%
Z4 - 45:20 - 77%
Z3 - 11:30 - 20%
Z2 - 0:35 - 1%
Z1 - 0:28 - 1%

Hers - 10.01 km / 58:42 / 563 C /163 bpm Avg HR / 175 bpm Max HR

181 spm Avg Cadence / 189 spm Max Cadence / 0.94 m Avg Stride Length

Heart Rate Zones

Z5 - 36:52 - 62%
Z4 - 18:18 - 31%
Z3 - 2:09 - 3%
Z2 - 0:47 - 1%
Z1 - 0:28 - 0%

So what am I missing or why has her calories gone down so much from the forerunner 15 (old) to this new one where there was not such a big difference between us normally.   This whilst she is the one suffering on the run?

My issue with this huge difference is, that our calories goes towards active days earned on the medical and not sometimes she misses out.

Edited by Jackes