ScottCM

Good luck for Vaal guys... hope your legs are great on the day!

My stupid calf is acting up again so I might be in for a very long morning...

Enjoy your first one Carpet... just keep going

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With 40 -50 percweek you have the miles

But Listen to your body, I think you know what it’s saying

Tx for the advice, think ITB injury of 2years ago plays tricks on my mind.

It all went well today, started out easy and maintained it for 38km before the grind started.

Very happy with my LSD marathon

Had a nice LSD training run at the Hot Legs 32km. A tough but rewarding run with the last 5kms having some sting in the tail climbs (brutal at times)! Found it to be harder than the tough one but a rewarding and enjoyable run. Good turn out for their inaugural event! Alas race was not timed, hopefully they will have a timing company on board for next year. Feeling pleased with my running fitness in prep for IMSA in April :)

Edited by shaper

Had a nice LSD training run at the Hot Legs 32km. A tough but rewarding run with the last 5kms having some sting in the tail climbs (brutal at times)! Found it to be harder than the tough one but a rewarding and enjoyable run. Good turn out for their inaugural event! Alas race was not timed, hopefully they will have a timing company on board for next year. Feeling pleased with my running fitness in prep for IMSA in April :)

Nice, now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your Sunday

#nicefeeling

I got a proper schooling at the Vaal marathon today. Plans was for a sub 3:40 at a 5:15 pace.

First lap was great felt strong and relaxed. Then out of no where I was done. Heart rate below 140 but no go in the legs. Slowed down a bit and then realised I'm in for a long secondlap. Ended with a 4:16 . Good mental preparation especially when a 70 year old came flying past me.

So leason learnt even being a flat race never underestimate a marathon it will hurt you proper.

No idea why I bombed like I did.

But big up to the Vaal Marshalls. One of the best races to do. Excellent roads crossing ice cold water and energade at the tables and easy parking .

My only bug bear is the extra 500m they make you run around the field in the end :-)

Ive now got some unfinished business and will definitely be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opted to rather do the Hot Legs 32km today instead of Vaal. I had such a terrible experience at Vaal last year that I decided to give it a miss this year. (BTW, are the roads in a better condition?)

Hot Legs was very tough. The climbs never stopped right to the end. I think it is a brilliant training run and it fits well into the racing calendar. There are not many 32km races and not many single laps. This was tougher than Tough One.

There were some issues that this new race need to address. Traffic was a bit of a mess and the race started late. Water tables apparently ran out of water and for a 32km there was not much to eat. I agree that a proper timing company should be used.

I can definitely recommend this race if you are looking for something more challenging than Vaal or if you are looking for an alternative to the Medihelp Monster.

I will be back for this race, better prepared.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I opted to rather do the Hot Legs 32km today instead of Vaal. I had such a terrible experience at Vaal last year that I decided to give it a miss this year. (BTW, are the roads in a better condition?)

Hot Legs was very tough. The climbs never stopped right to the end. I think it is a brilliant training run and it fits well into the racing calendar. There are not many 32km races and not many single laps. This was tougher than Tough One.

There were some issues that this new race need to address. Traffic was a bit of a mess and the race started late. Water tables apparently ran out of water and for a 32km there was not much to eat. I agree that a proper timing company should be used.

I can definitely recommend this race if you are looking for something more challenging than Vaal or if you are looking for an alternative to the Medihelp Monster.

Sounds excellent, Hacc. I looked at your route profile and it could have passed for an ECG readout. Fantastic training and I'm sure it's given all of you that did it some good confidence. Edited by Barry Stuart

No , potholes everywhere .

Did the Vaal yesterday for my first marathon with the goal of doing a sub 04h20 . Managed to get in with a 04h18 but those last 5km hurt a bit . That extra 500m at the end didn't help much either as well.

I heard a lot about how flat Vaal is which makes you work the whole way, after yesterday i can fully agree with that.

PS . Nice meeting Mr Winter and Andrew Steer out on the course.

I once again really enjoyed Sunrise Monster. Every person has his/her distance which is just perfect for them, and for me I believe that to be a 32km. We finished on 2h52 without any fireworks, except for the last 3km. And it includes a 32km PB for my wife as well. Awesome race.

aa2a208ba159269178f342ce2362fe80.jpg

I uploaded my Surrender Hill 42km and another run later yesterday so managed 100km last week

Surrender Hill 42km was a lekker run. A small field and a fairly tough out and back course with a number of long climbs. Water tables had a good selection. The only gripe would have to be the timing/results as no overall position is given and there are a number of errors with names and one of our members result not even showing.

I took it fairly easy until around 29kms going through half way in about 1h47, then tried pushing a little harder from 29 to the finish. Barring a nature break to the bush at 34ks felt good all the way through. Passed a number of runners in the last 10ks who looked like they had gone out way too hard in the first stages.

Overall a decent training run of 3h36.

Edited by b-rad