ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone doing the 22km Trail run the day before CT? Or am I the only mad one :-)

I considered it this year but sanity prevailed [emoji23]. Would rather give my Comrades qualifier the best shot I can and have that pressure of me

Jaaa - when I saw they recommend you pack a first-aid kit I began to question the wiseness of my decision.  And much like Duathlon is the ugly sister of Triathlon, all the talk leading up to this weekend is about the Marathon, and hardly any mention the trail-run  :mellow:

Jaaa - when I saw they recommend you pack a first-aid kit I began to question the wiseness of my decision.  And much like Duathlon is the ugly sister of Triathlon, all the talk leading up to this weekend is about the Marathon, and hardly any mention the trail-run  :mellow:

Enjoy it. 

As trail runs go in Cape Town it is not technical, relatively straight forward and quite predictable with generous cut off times.

Soak up the views from Signal hill, enjoy the breeze on your face and the smell of Matzos and unleavened bread in your nostrils from Fresnaye and it will be the perfect 'activation' run for the Cape Town Marathon

Edited by Jewbacca

I'm not running the Marathon luckily - my Wife is.  So if it's a perfect 'activation' run for a beer at Forries later the morning I'll take it thanks.

Agree with Jewbacca - and if you entered for this, you did not plan to go smash the marathon anyways. And the TR is not technical. Just enjoy it! The medical kit recommendation comes with every trail run. 

And don't worry, a friend did the Oceans TR followed by the Ultra the next day a year or two ago. She still klapped the ultra in under 5:30 if I remember correctly. And Oceans TR is a somewhat different beast.

Thanks all for the advice - I almost made a rookie error - luckily I read the instructions and saw that the water stations are cupless - I would have blundered forward and then been really grumpy when I got to the water station and not been able to drink.

I am now the proud owner of a collapsable cup from First Ascent!

Anyone doing the 22km Trail run the day before CT?  Or am I the only mad one :-)

Me , decided as my wife is running the 42 on the sun and we in CA i want to go sight see the mountains so why not run/hike/walk them  .

MVP?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu_van_der_Poel

He literally can do it all on a bike...

He won World/European and national champs in Cyclocross this year, Amstel Gold Road race in an absolute freak show of strength (seriously go watch the video) and then won 3 of the 4 Mtb World Cup races he rode in... making a certain Mr Nino Schurter look pretty average.

Good luck to Edgar and Ferret for CT this weekend. I hope you guys nail your Berlin qualifier, I've got no doubt that you will. Not sure who else is doing it as I haven't been on here much?

Got a good half a dozen+ guys running... good luck all, hope conditions are good and the legs strong! Look forward to the reports

Its my first full marathon in Cape Town this Sunday...so excited...im just aiming to finish and see if I enjoy the longer distances...cant wait. Im a trail runner at heart so when I asked my husband if I could run with my phone to take photos...I got the "are you mad"  look...so guess that answers that so il have to rely on event photographers and have no excuse to stop and rest.. ^_^