ScottCM

I wasn't either... I had barely a couple hundred km's under the belt at the time.

Heck, I'm still hardly a runner if I think about it  :blush:

As opposed to your other comrades? :whistling: You are hardly known for over training.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't either... I had barely a couple hundred km's under the belt at the time.

Heck, I'm still hardly a runner if I think about it  :blush:

hahaha I was going to say, I still hardly regard myself as 'a runner' and I must have had 100 marathons and ultras and trail equivalents under the belt long before 2013.

I wouldn't refer to myself as 'a runner', 'a cyclist' or 'an athlete' if I had a choice! More someone who blunders from one endeavor to the next

As opposed to your other comrades? :whistling: You are hardly known for over training.

Rest is Importanter than training I is telling you... hahaha

Even by my piss poor standards, that first year was taking taking it way too far. 

Couch to Comrades apparently requires more than 200kms in total - don't do your second and third marathons on the same day a wise man once said. 

I think that's where my problems all started, I almost 'made it' got to the finish in 11:82... and those were the worst conditions in history with a 40% DNF rate. 

One thing I did learn that day is I am a pretty stubborn muel

I do hope one day to actually become a runner - when that is, time will tell  :thumbup: 

I'll knight thee... Sir Rigid Single Speed Freakshow who does a 'bit of running' and other stuff on the side  :thumbup:

hahaha I was going to say, I still hardly regard myself as 'a runner' and I must have had 100 marathons and ultras and trail equivalents under the belt long before 2013.

I wouldn't refer to myself as 'a runner', 'a cyclist' or 'an athlete' if I had a choice! More someone who blunders from one endeavor to the next

I class myself as a "wannabe" runner, cyclist, triathlete.........

Well done! How far below standard were you?

I submitted my details on Monday but with just over 1min below standard I'm not expecting any news.

I was 7.5 minutes below.. It helps to be old!

Best of luck!

Edited by Stretch

When I see where Lexx runs sometimes this comes to mind

Ha ha ha, it is actually a true story.  :eek:

There are constantly lions coming through from KNP to Marloth Park where i usually run. They are now warning us to be on the lookout. 2 weeks ago there were 2 lions walking on the main road in Marloth Park. And on Wednesday, i did part of my run on our golf course, and as i was coming around the corner to where you tee off from the 5th hole, 3 Elephants were standing there eating the grass and leaves.

I almost "be-***" myself. They just gave me one look and continued eating...  :ph34r:

Ha ha ha, it is actually a true story. :eek:

There are constantly lions coming through from KNP to Marloth Park where i usually run. They are now warning us to be on the lookout. 2 weeks ago there were 2 lions walking on the main road in Marloth Park. And on Wednesday, i did part of my run on our golf course, and as i was coming around the corner to where you tee off from the 5th hole, 3 Elephants were standing there eating the grass and leaves.

I almost "be-***" myself. They just gave me one look and continued eating... :ph34r:

Very jealous!!!!

Some very intense photos and videos coming through from the Karkloof 100 finnish line come cut off and then the tragic passing of a runner at 4 peaks.

Guys know when you have reached your limit, yes you can push beyond it but be careful.

Some very intense photos and videos coming through from the Karkloof 100 finnish line come cut off and then the tragic passing of a runner at 4 peaks.

Guys know when you have reached your limit, yes you can push beyond it but be careful.

Hectic stuff. A finisher's medal is never worth your life. 

Berg Winds... 

Comrades 2013 flashback

Sends shivers down my spine 

Good luck

I am so thankful I decided to start (got bullied into) running in 2014... I think if 2013 was my first Comrades I would have stopped at one.

I will never forget running the RAC long run in 2014 and one of my fellow runners (while eating a whole slab chocolate) told me about the 2013 Comrades. He ran a couple of silvers and BR's and in 2013 he made it with 2 minutes to spare. 

followed my mate via his wife with updates and vidoes ect of his Karkloof 100miler , he managed 6th overall 21h39 hours. om in ore of these guys from the winners to the ones who just made it, totally amazing achievement. 

what a amazing event .

condolences to the runner who passed