ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a congrats to Rene Vollgraaff, run amuk completed, Addo, UTD, Mac mac and now Karkloof 100 milers. 

We attended the same high school.

Unbelievable achievement! Congrats!

If I remember correctly she had a horse riding accident a few years back.

Chapeau!

@b-rad heard anything from Boston yet? Just bought my air tickets.....ouch!

No news yet A friend of mine who was 12min under standard also hasn't heard anything.

Are you making a bit of a holiday out of it?

No news yet A friend of mine who was 12min under standard also hasn't heard anything.

Are you making a bit of a holiday out of it?

That's weird. I was 7 min under I have heard.

Very mini holiday. Fly in Friday... Race on Monday... Fly out Tuesday evening

Mdu Zondi also worked a full day at St Mary's on Friday, went to Karkloof that night and smashed 3rd in 20hours.

Dunno why we bother supporting a bunch of over payed rugby, soccer, cricket and other athletes who get caught doping when champs like this are around.

Mdu Zondi also worked a full day at St Mary's on Friday, went to Karkloof that night and smashed 3rd in 20hours.

Dunno why we bother supporting a bunch of over payed rugby, soccer, cricket and other athletes who get caught doping when champs like this are around.

Isn't mdu at St John's?

He's an awesome dude!

i got a mate doing the Karkloof 100 miler this weekend ,

anyone here know or doing it ?

Did it! and finished! My first 100 miler!

Had a pretty humiliating DNF at UTD earlier this year so had a little extra reason to get through this race.

The heat was mental, by half way my stomach was not playing the game anymore so I (and probably most of us) was super dehydrated and big-time lacking calories. It was a real battle. 

But ja, kept stepping and even managed to run the last 20kms as the sun came up again, because there was no ways I was going to miss the cut-off. Finished just under 35 hours. 

I'm still getting my head around what I've managed to do. But I'm feeling more happy about it as the pain subsides...

Had a pretty humiliating DNF at UTD earlier this year so had a little extra reason to get through this race.

The heat was mental, by half way my stomach was not playing the game anymore so I (and probably most of us) was super dehydrated and big-time lacking calories. It was a real battle. 

But ja, kept stepping and even managed to run the last 20kms as the sun came up again, because there was no ways I was going to miss the cut-off. Finished just under 35 hours. 

I'm still getting my head around what I've managed to do. But I'm feeling more happy about it as the pain subsides...

Super impressive! Well done!

Big up, well done and congrats hey, that first one is always special. Makes you kinda realize what you capable of and what you can do. 

Hows the body feeling this week?

Isn't mdu at St John's?

He's an awesome dude!

Apologies, just checked and yes he is at St Johns...

Big up, well done and congrats hey, that first one is always special. Makes you kinda realize what you capable of and what you can do. 

Hows the body feeling this week?

Apologies, just checked and yes he is at St Johns...

My feet are still very sore. But I'm super happy how the rest of my legs are tired (obviously) but feeling really good. Stomach is coming right, yesterday I finally started eating with some vigour again, and it was great.

On another side note, was sent some delightful photos of the Mount Aux Sources chain ladders where a bolt sheared off on the one ladder. Delightful when you know you have used them a few times a year for last few years, most recently in March :ph34r:

Edited by dave303e

My feet are still very sore. But I'm super happy how the rest of my legs are tired (obviously) but feeling really good. Stomach is coming right, yesterday I finally started eating with some vigour again, and it was great.

Well done!

Did you notice weight loss after the run?

Well done!

Did you notice weight loss after the run?

I didn't step a scale or anything but I suspect it was a fair drop. ITO 'bodily functions' I didn't go to the loo for the next like 36 hours so I was probably an absolute prune by the end of the run. 

I usually race a little dehydrated anyway, so maybe that helped get me through this one.