ScottCM

Another interesting youtube channel to watch is Nick Bare. The guy is 100+kg body builder/crossfitter/powerlifter/ex military who runs a big supplement company. He is always challenging himself. In 5 months training he went from gym boet to ironman including buying a bike(he didn't even have a bike or cycle). He did that ironman in 11:25 or something like that, but anyway he is now on a sub 3 hour marathon mission... Good to see an athletes mind at work and dedication and adaption.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting youtube channel to watch is Nick Bare. The guy is 100+kg body builder/crossfitter/powerlifter/ex military who runs a big supplement company. He is always challenging himself. In 5 months training he went from gym boet to ironman including buying a bike(he didn't even have a bike or cycle). He did that ironman in 11:25 or something like that, but anyway he is now on a sub 3 hour marathon mission... Good to see an athletes mind at work and dedication and adaption.

Being a 100kg runner myself it would really be an achievement going sub 3 on a Marathon

Yup so I manage to qualify at Johnson’s.

Rookie mistake... I started too fast and I paid the price in the second half.

Then there was also the new shoes which happend last week Saturday after my new shoes with 200km stated to shoe a manufacturing defect.

The left shoe totally collapsed.(And this being my good foot which normally dont give me any hassles)

Today was the 3rd time in the new new once and it was all good.

Then the long stressful hours at work along with a head cold did not help at all.

But I finished in time so I am happy.

I missed Red Hill yesterday with an absolutely horrendous stomach bug that had me man down from Wednesday.

I made 3 stand up wee's today so I'm finally over it!

I now have to use Peninsula to qualify for Oceans. Peninsula is my nemesis. It's too flat and fast and I get carried away no matter what I tell myself and then just blow in Glencairn. Every. Dam. Time!

Yeah... Idiot.

I missed Red Hill yesterday with an absolutely horrendous stomach bug that had me man down from Wednesday.

I made 3 stand up wee's today so I'm finally over it!

I now have to use Peninsula to qualify for Oceans. Peninsula is my nemesis. It's too flat and fast and I get carried away no matter what I tell myself and then just blow in Glencairn. Every. Dam. Time!

Yeah... Idiot.

You missed an absolutely perfect day at Red Hill. Weather was great, no wind to speak of. It might not have been my fastest marathon yet but I finished the second half feeling absolutely great and thoroughly enjoying it. Instead of Peninsula or Cango I’ve decided to do the Hemel and Aarde marathon next. Perhaps consider that?

You missed an absolutely perfect day at Red Hill. Weather was great, no wind to speak of. It might not have been my fastest marathon yet but I finished the second half feeling absolutely great and thoroughly enjoying it. Instead of Peninsula or Cango I’ve decided to do the Hemel and Aarde marathon next. Perhaps consider that?

I will definitely look at that, thanks. 

I'm not a massive fan of A to B races, especially if I have to travel. It complicates things. I think I will just drop a bike in Simonstown, get the wife to drop me in town and then ride home after Peninsula. 

Again, local and 'easy' re time. With a baby, a wife who works weekends and a business that never stops, going away is difficult.

Red Hill is my favourite road run on the calendar. I love hills, so it is right up my alley and it's local. 

I watched the weather from my quarantine yesterday with serious FOMO.

Well done on feeling strong going into the end. That is always my goal at road runs. A Negative split and my fastest 4km from 38 to the finish.

I will definitely look at that, thanks.

I'm not a massive fan of A to B races, especially if I have to travel. It complicates things. I think I will just drop a bike in Simonstown, get the wife to drop me in town and then ride home after Peninsula.

Again, local and 'easy' re time. With a baby, a wife who works weekends and a business that never stops, going away is difficult.

Red Hill is my favourite road run on the calendar. I love hills, so it is right up my alley and it's local.

I watched the weather from my quarantine yesterday with serious FOMO.

Well done on feeling strong going into the end. That is always my goal at road runs. A Negative split and my fastest 4km from 38 to the finish.

You need to train.

And by that I mean Metrorail.

Went into Johnson Crane with only a single half marathon as my long run. Since I have already qualified for Comrades, speed didn't really matter so I spent 5 hours on my feet which I understand is perfect training. I ran the first half nonstop, and then did a walk/run to the finish. Due to the lack of distance, I could feel that my body wasn't too used to the duration of my day on the road but the good new is that my ITBs were silent. Well done to all.

We missioned down to PE (to get away from Johnson Crane  :ph34r: ) and ran the Van Stadens Mountain Marathon. Just over 42kms and 1750m of ascent. Overcast and drizzly which was perfect but we also got a handful of PE's finest gale-force winds which kept it exciting... Stunning stunning running. What a beautiful place, and some awesome trails. Highly recommended event.

post-90313-0-82771400-1580192137_thumb.jpg

post-90313-0-41599700-1580192148_thumb.jpg

Has anyone been running in the hoka carbon x? All the online reports seem to be fairly mixed, but that's after they've run 50km. Any runners long term been in them? What are your opinions?