ScottCM

Imagine how peeved the substitution people will be when the race gets binned.... (especially considering that subs close the day before the final decision is due to be made)

All about the money...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After receiving a forwarded text claim some stuffs about the Covid i googled it and some statements are true so thought i would share:

1. Apple reopened all 42 of their stores in China on Friday
  2. China closed down its last Covid19 temp hospital as their aren't enough new cases
  3. Dutch researchers at Erasmus Medical center find antibodies against the virus
  4. cleveland Clinic developed a test that shows results in hours not days..

there are about another 10 statements but as i haven't verified them i shan't post them here. 

So there might still be time for this thing to run its course before you comrades start your run. not all is doom and gloom. 

After receiving a forwarded text claim some stuffs about the Covid i googled it and some statements are true so thought i would share:

1. Apple reopened all 42 of their stores in China on Friday
  2. China closed down its last Covid19 temp hospital as their aren't enough new cases
  3. Dutch researchers at Erasmus Medical center find antibodies against the virus
  4. cleveland Clinic developed a test that shows results in hours not days..

there are about another 10 statements but as i haven't verified them i shan't post them here. 

So there might still be time for this thing to run its course before you comrades start your run. not all is doom and gloom. 

Umm.... Didn't China's Covid19 issues start in January?

So looking at it in a linear timeline, we still have 6 weeks minimum before we start being able to mop up. 

I think we have 2 to 3 months of horror ahead of us. I would LOVE to be wrong.

• Apple reopened all 42 of their stores in China on Friday
  • China closed down its last Covid19 temp hospital as their aren't enough new cases
  • Dutch researchers at Erasmus Medical center find antibodies against the virus
  • cleveland Clinic developed a test that shows results in hours not days..

Source?

All about the money...

i think Comrades is pretty much about an annual event, and not the money.

yes they need money to run this thing, but it ain't the be all and end all.

it gets sold out, they could put the price up. but they don't.

i think Comrades is pretty much about an annual event, and not the money.

yes they need money to run this thing, but it ain't the be all and end all.

it gets sold out, they could put the price up. but they don't.

Not anymore.. It's a business... And the business model has changed recently. I have a few mates who are close to the business and while it's about the event... They are a lot more focused on the money now

Just stirring the pot a little. Saw this post on fb. I really feel sorry for the runners. They dont know what to believe anymore. Its kinda getting ridiculous now...

post-32956-0-29279700-1584469708_thumb.jpg

So looking at it in a linear timeline, we still have 6 weeks minimum before we start being able to mop up. 

They knew about in November already

Going to be most interesting to see how this plays out ... some similarities, and many differences between SA and China.

- we started our lock down earlier (too little or too much being open for debate)

- our medical staff have the benefit of 3 months world experience ....

- we dont have enough test kits .... 750 kits at one hospital on Tuesday, 1200 arrive to be tested  (will check if the new faster test is available here yet ..., doubt it)

- impossible to do a proper lock down in the informal settlements ....

we can but pray the treatments for this is resolved quickly, and available in sufficient quantities ... then things may look a lot better here than in other countries.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty dejected about all things training. UTD was officially cancelled yesterday and our entries rolled over to next year. Its strange not having a race on anymore, and also not being able to really plan for a next one too, given how up in the air things are feeling.

I've literally thought about this run every single day since I ballsed up my effort so badly last year. 

Stuck in a funk...

I got an email from ASA that all club activities are prohibited, even if there are less than 100 runners. 

(We had lots of queries from our club members if our time trials and weekend club runs are going ahead)

ASA also said there will be another press release today. Not sure if they will mention Comrades at all.

Got an sms last night

There is a bit of hope.

But deep down I known the probability of Comrades 2020 taking place is shifting it not happening. 0b8440d0f1ff7a3853aeb949b5bf6770.jpg

But the question must be asked, why they are still letting people do subs. When they knew the number of infections are growing and wont slow down in 31/2 weeks time.