ScottCM

Most definitely, making 300 turns up and down your backyard makes for funny Strave pictures, but in no time you will have some nasty overuse injuries.

I reverse the direction I run around my driveway every 5 laps to try and mitigate this.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most definitely, making 300 turns up and down your backyard makes for funny Strave pictures, but in no time you will have some nasty overuse injuries.

That... and no more lawn

I missed this memo

It came out early on during the jogging and dog-walking fiasco. A journalist asked the question about walking the dog inside an estate, as opposed the street, and it was allowed.

Edit: or was it radio... I can't remember, nor find it.

Edited by Chris_

As a few have mentioned watch out for overuse injuries with all that garden running. Lots of sharp turns so tight hips which could transfer into ITB issues. And other issues.

As a few have mentioned watch out for overuse injuries with all that garden running. Lots of sharp turns so tight hips which could transfer into ITB issues. And other issues.

Shot for the heads-up :thumbup:

Decided I’ll just run for an hour a day. Turns out I get just over 7km done. I run half an hour one way and then switch to avoid the overuse issues. I’m getting keen on trying to run a full marathon in one go. Will see if it happens.

Decided I’ll just run for an hour a day. Turns out I get just over 7km done. I run half an hour one way and then switch to avoid the overuse issues. I’m getting keen on trying to run a full marathon in one go. Will see if it happens.

Hats of to you but I can never see myself doing that. Dusted off my treadmill, it will have to do for now. Alternatively, maybe I should start doing my route around the house using my trail shoes [emoji2363]. Has a sandy bit that just sucks the life out of me and dodging tree branches and the washing line every round is not my idea of fun.

Hats of to you but I can never see myself doing that. Dusted off my treadmill, it will have to do for now. Alternatively, maybe I should start doing my route around the house using my trail shoes [emoji2363]. Has a sandy bit that just sucks the life out of me and dodging tree branches and the washing line every round is not my idea of fun.

After today I’m not sure what is more boring, laps or the treadmill... Still keen on the challenge tho, I see a lady completed an Iron man in her garden. Flippen amazing!