JUMA 2015 Postponed

worriesnot

The U in the word Juma stands for URBAN... Hence it being different to the usual mountain bike routes you would get at a place like Van Gaalens, Hakahana, Mankele, or Karkloof.

Not as easy to make a simple change in route.

Experts... Experts everywhere...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last yr so many people moaned that it wasn't safe for all the masses of riders.. now people are moaning because the organisers made a decision based on rider safety. Aye aye aye.. it's not a race, it is a fun ride people of all sorts of different skills level enter including people that just dust off their macro bike in the back of the garage.

Please refrain from bringing logic to people's crazy ranting...haha

So when you arrive at a race,and there is mud,do you pack-up your bike and go home.No,you accept the challenge and go for it.

Hmm

Yes. I do pack up and go away if it's pissing rain and mud. Like Saturday.

It's your choice mate but I pack up my hardware.

I have done enough riding to have "accepted the challenge" many times and come away feeling victorious, but with broken machinery.

It's a simple fact that adding mud to the equation destroys bikes cause MTBs have exposed gearboxes, it's a throw back from adapting road bits to MTB in the old days. But if you add mud to that and some lube you created nice fine grinding paste. And it grinds it down quicker than anything you have ever seen. Like in 50 Kms. Brake pads gone. Chain screwed. Chain suck etc.

FWIW I did accept a lot of my "challenges" in 2006. Barberton. Sani. epic 2006. day one in Knysna, pissing rain and knee deep mud. No brakes after 30km and 102kms to go. Sani emptied Durban of brake pads etc. Barberton was shortened because the rivers were swollen.

So you may want to rise to the challenge but I have learned that it costs a lot of money to do that. Clusters, chains chainrings, brake pads, BB, pivot bearings etc. all in one of these episodes. All that happened in one stage of 100+km. cause the bike was new at the start.

In Those days the service was R5k. And that happened twice. And then cause I was racing and I didn't want a mechanical I replaced it all again to make sure the bike was 100% for the epic.

I sold the one bike in 2010 before I sold it I stripped it to bare metal to get it sprayed and there was still mud in those tubes 4 years later from that 2006 season.

So just saying. Think about those muddy rides, cause they my be the epic ones that you remember but you need to understand what it does to your bikes.

Hmm

Yes. I do pack up and go away if it's pissing rain and mud. Like Saturday.

It's your choice mate but I pack up my hardware.

I have done enough riding to have "accepted the challenge" many times and come away feeling victorious, but with broken machinery.

It's a simple fact that adding mud to the equation destroys bikes cause MTBs have exposed gearboxes, it's a throw back from adapting road bits to MTB in the old days. But if you add mud to that and some lube you created nice fine grinding paste. And it grinds it down quicker than anything you have ever seen. Like in 50 Kms. Brake pads gone. Chain screwed. Chain suck etc.

FWIW I did accept a lot of my "challenges" in 2006. Barberton. Sani. epic 2006. day one in Knysna, pissing rain and knee deep mud. No brakes after 30km and 102kms to go. Sani emptied Durban of brake pads etc. Barberton was shortened because the rivers were swollen.

So you may want to rise to the challenge but I have learned that it costs a lot of money to do that. Clusters, chains chainrings, brake pads, BB, pivot bearings etc. all in one of these episodes. All that happened in one stage of 100+km. cause the bike was new at the start.

In Those days the service was R5k. And that happened twice. And then cause I was racing and I didn't want a mechanical I replaced it all again to make sure the bike was 100% for the epic.

I sold the one bike in 2010 before I sold it I stripped it to bare metal to get it sprayed and there was still mud in those tubes 4 years later from that 2006 season.

So just saying. Think about those muddy rides, cause they my be the epic ones that you remember but you need to understand what it does to your bikes.

You know, for a dude with such a low IQ, you make sense sometimes. 

I assume you are not referring to these....

You clearly dont know the Spruit Fairies

They build with old pieces of chappies, spider webs, pritt glue, the snot of a thousand trolls and the hopes and dreams of the downhill massive

You clearly dont know the Spruit Fairies

They build with old pieces of chappies, spider webs, pritt glue, the snot of a thousand trolls and the hopes and dreams of the downhill massive

Best comment on the bikehub in weeks.

You know, for a dude with such a low IQ, you make sense sometimes. 

Another name change Captain  :eek:

Can we stick with Myles this time? :D   ;)