Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

***Possible Scammer Alert***

Guy named Anton le Roux from Bothaville contacts me in connection with my add for Stages SRAM GXP Power Meter, he has two of them. Asked him for copy of ID before I do EFT which he refused to send and instead sent me his bank details so that I can get bank to verify them, asked him to take the power meters to someone I know in Bothaville to verify they legit and he has since disappeared, no more WA or answering phone. His details:  083 579 7707, email: antonleroux.sa@gmail.com

***Possible Scammer Alert***

Guy named Anton le Roux from Bothaville contacts me in connection with my add for Stages SRAM GXP Power Meter, he has two of them. Asked him for copy of ID before I do EFT which he refused to send and instead sent me his bank details so that I can get bank to verify them, asked him to take the power meters to someone I know in Bothaville to verify they legit and he has since disappeared, no more WA or answering phone. His details:  083 579 7707, email: antonleroux.sa@gmail.com

Thanks for reporting. 

His behaviour follows the MO of a scammer. We've blocked the account.

Hi

As I am one of a few Pierre Opperman's living in Knysna,and know of one living in Plett it is not cool as a multiple award-winning Singer-songwriter, to have your fans and friends see your/somebody with the same name appear on scammers articles, when they search for one's !

Sheesh that really sucks. I see  your " namesake" has been busy on Avcon aswell.

Thanks for reporting.

His behaviour follows the MO of a scammer. We've blocked the account.

Unfortunately only reading this now, the pr*ck seems to have caught me with the half wheeler he advertised. I was a bit naive and had a suspicion but was hasty so took a risk and made a payment yesterday only to hear nothing more from him and no answering my call today, thought I’d give him a day or two before reporting but seeing this now, it confirms my suspicions. Stupid me, lesson learnt but luckily it wasn’t a massive amount.

All I can say is the wheel turns Anton or whatever your name is, and when it comes around I hope you get taught a proper lesson punk.

BTW I had another number for him 0606310807 so keep a lookout.

Thinking of how one would report this to the cops or if it’s even worth it.

Unfortunately only reading this now, the pr*ck seems to have caught me with the half wheeler he advertised. I was a bit naive and had a suspicion but was hasty so took a risk and made a payment yesterday only to hear nothing more from him and no answering my call today, thought I’d give him a day or two before reporting but seeing this now, it confirms my suspicions. Stupid me, lesson learnt but luckily it wasn’t a massive amount.

All I can say is the wheel turns Anton or whatever your name is, and when it comes around I hope you get taught a proper lesson punk.

BTW I had another number for him 0606310807 so keep a lookout.

Thinking of how one would report this to the cops or if it’s even worth it.

On True Caller App his name is linked to the number he gave me which makes me think that it might just be real name, he also gave me STD Bank credentials, I wonder if he could be tracked through that somehow?

On True Caller App his name is linked to the number he gave me which makes me think that it might just be real name, he also gave me STD Bank credentials, I wonder if he could be tracked through that somehow?

Definitely worth a try, he might have been stupid enough to use his real details. Go to the police and they can get his details from standard bank and track him. They can only give out details to the police.

Banks need to keep strict records of clients details including proof of residential address, however details can only be divulged to law enforcement or courts. In your case no actual crime was committed so there is very little that can be done. 

Edited by scotty

goodhearted002@gmail.com is back from annual leave!

phone number +27 61 049 7179

post-89342-0-94286100-1546495230_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NicoR

• 3 weeks later...

goodhearted002@gmail.com is back from annual leave!

phone number +27 61 049 7179

I was contacted on instagram of all palces by some clown using that email. Blocked and reported them the moment the profile pic, name and email showed disparity. I don't have any instagram links referencing Bikehub, so I assume they simply operate on all platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

New number used by Bobbyjackson031970 is 0613626486, got the same "interested in bike" and request to email him whatsapp.

Post an ad and see how many people just say it's this still available but no reply afterwards. Definetly scammers.