Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

I have had many responses on my classifieds of people being interested, but I never promise anyone preference to them. The guy that pitches first with the cash gets the chance to buy it. Sellers should really make this clear when dealing with buyers.

As a buyer, if I see something I REALLY want I will phone the guy and drive there right away to close the deal, no use in taking someone's word that they will hold it for you, if someone pitches at his house with cash he will take that every day of the week instead of waiting for you who might still want to negotiate on the price and maybe not like it when you see it.

Like Karma said, not a scammer, but he should have communicated it better.

Yeah, so I agree with you both. Just want to point out that I wanted to drive to him immediately, but he was not available and hence we made an appointment for the next day. This was not my preference and that’s when I asked if it would be reserved for me, which he clearlt indicated rhat it will. I’ve actually found a forum om ethics, which is more where this belongs.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Smith contacted me as well today, the same message asking to send him an email to barry4smith02@gmail.com, number 0744300208. Did not even bother responding, also from a gumtree ad. Will report to Gumtree doubt it will help though.

• 4 weeks later...

Another one who has cropped up recently targeting wanted ads:

davidchristopher177@gmail.com
David Christopher

Definite scammer (and quite obvious from the style of his emails), please report if you receive any communication from him.

Update (30/07/2018):

New email address: representativeservicess@gmail.com

David Christopher

Definite scammer (and quite obvious from the style of his emails), please report if you receive any communication from him.

Yup i got this from him last Saturday in response to my wanted ad...

Hi Friend i just sow your post now about what you need hope this is not coming late because i have it, if yes kindly get back to me with more details okay

Thank

David Christopher

Some communication from the same person: davidchristopher177@gmail.com

Hello Friend

Am so happy to read back from you, and am sorry for my late respond, am going to show you several picture of Wahoo Kickr that are on sale, so please let me no the one you are looking for out of the picture and the list prize is 950 NEGOTIABLE so is left for you to let me now which of it you want thank i wait for your respond ASAP...

just wanted to see the response …

Hi

Thank for your respond so here is the information you will sent the payment to and once you sent it please snap the receipt of the payment which is western union receipt and sent it to me attach it and sent it to me here okay and check the item below once again because am on my way to shipping courier office

HERE IS THE INFORMATION BELOW

Name:  Earl Randall
Owner address:... 132 Berkeley Town RD Lanexa
Zip Code:  23089
State: Virginia

Once you sent it get back to me with the scan copy receipt snap it in full and sent it to e on here, Please check the Wahoo KICKR  once again and confirm the address once again and let me no if everything is correct and perfect so i can go ahead and get it ship down to you...

:thumbdown:  ;)  

Edited by AM7

• 2 weeks later...

Another new scammer on the block it seems...

I put an ad up looking for an Ultegra R8000 crankset. Afrikaans guy phones me later (Schalk Verster, apparently from Colesberg). He sent me photos that I could not find on google search, so I assumed that the crank was legit. However, I was not willing to pay upfront as the risk was too big. We agreed I will only pay once I received the crankset. He was happy with this based that i have impeccable reviews on my profile for previous items sold. After paying postage (R100), he has since gone underground.

Scammer: Schalk Verster

Cell: 083 483 4343

Apparently resides in Colesberg

Edited by CTJ

+27 74 430 0208

I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at  barry4smith02@gmail.com  waiting to hear from you soon

"Thanks for the response, I'm really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin but only if you can assure me it's in a good condition. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment. Note well: Pickup agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment."

Got this same email today. Exact same email for my ad on Gumtree. Only difference is paying via Skrill. barrysmith02@gmail.com. 074 430 0208

Edited by Avo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Google links the number to "Adam Richardson" another known scammer alias: https://www.reportacrime.co.za/CrimeReport.aspx?ID=25544

Did you receive this via a Bike Hub ad?

Just got a whatsapp message reading:

"I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at goodhearted@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon. 

This is the same guy. I don't even have a bike for sale on the hub. Selling a set of wheels.

Please block this guy @bikehub!

"I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at goodhearted@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon. 

This is the same guy. I don't even have a bike for sale on the hub. Selling a set of wheels.

Cell number: 074 430 0208

Thanks! We will look into it.

Based on our previous investigations though, I'm guessing that you also have a Gumtree advert from which he is obtaining your number.

• 3 weeks later...

a nigerian executive studying at a british uni who is trying to learn afrikaans from his dutch roommate?

scammail.png

I think i'd like to meet such an interesting character

My guess; Google Translate in action

• 2 weeks later...

whackhead gets an email from a guy who wroks on 'oilrigs'

he calls

and calls again

and again

and again

and again

and again

and again

wonderful, he does keep on answering because he has so many scams running concurrently

and again

• 3 weeks later...

Off shore rig scam:

Name (fake?): Daniel Williams

Number: 084 639 4721

Email: goodhearted002@gmail.com