Scammer List

Guy@BMT Stellenbosch

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

This oke is clearly an idiot. He has tried two different names and three of my ads on the same number. What a puzzler. 

He might be an idiot but he's making money. I saw a posts on Facebook golf hub where he has successfully scammed people 

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

There’s always a dumber fish. 

True, to be honest don't always feel sorry for them when the scam is plenty obvious 

The pay half now and half when receive is another flag for me.
So he does not know you at all yet willing to take a R3250 hit on a stranger..........

Someone on a motorcycle FB group was scammed out of R10k and it was SOOOO obvious. I think when you want something bad enough you tend to be more inclined to miss the flags.

• 2 weeks later...

Not on bikehub. I advertised my bike on Facebook.

Almost immediately a Wise Sambo with number 078 369 4648 whatsapped me.

No questions about the bike, just is it available for pickup.

when I told him cash only he seemed to get agitated and said if I want cash I must bring the bike to him.

Told him "Thanks but no thanks I'll sell to someone else" to which he replies I'm trying to scam him selling air.

So I told him simply "You want the bike you bring me cash. No cash no bike. And I dont deliver"

Let see if he responds, but pretty sure its a scam. 

Latest spammer numbers in use. Seems they continue to go after wanted ads.

+27 73 436 3007

+27 64 081 4646

On 8/17/2022 at 8:11 AM, ouzo said:

Not on bikehub. I advertised my bike on Facebook.

Almost immediately a Wise Sambo with number 078 369 4648 whatsapped me.

No questions about the bike, just is it available for pickup.

when I told him cash only he seemed to get agitated and said if I want cash I must bring the bike to him.

Told him "Thanks but no thanks I'll sell to someone else" to which he replies I'm trying to scam him selling air.

So I told him simply "You want the bike you bring me cash. No cash no bike. And I dont deliver"

Let see if he responds, but pretty sure its a scam. 

My favourite is when people reply to an add and they say my number is ..... call me!!!

Like really. I am probably loosing out on sales, but if you cant afford a call, then you cant afford what I am selling.

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

My favourite is when people reply to an add and they say my number is ..... call me!!!

Like really. I am probably loosing out on sales, but if you cant afford a call, then you cant afford what I am selling.

I sell cars for a living, same thing. I also dont bother, my thoughts are the same as yours. If you cant afford the phone call then you cant afford what I'm selling.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:29 PM, Andreas_187 said:

Screenshot_20220801_122942_com.whatsapp.jpg

another obvious red flag here is not being able to spell Cervelo, even though he had to google it to find the stock photo.

7 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

another obvious red flag here is not being able to spell Cervelo, even though he had to google it to find the stock photo.

Seems like everyone has a mate called André Joubert🙄

I have realised, Bikehub tracks who clicks on your number on ads that you have posted, when I marked one of my ads sold, it recommended me to review a person that contacted me only through whatsapp, never at all on Bikehub, could be a way to check who these guys are?

Edited by AkwA

13 minutes ago, AkwA said:

I have realised, Bikehub tracks who clicks on your number on ads that you have posted, when I marked one of my ads sold, it recommended me to review a person that contacted me only through whatsapp, never at all on Bikehub, could be a way to check who these guys are?

The primary reason we do so is to be able to connect the dots and identify possible scam accounts. 

Unfortunately it's unlikely to ever reveal a real identity, but it does allow us to quickly identify and ban these accounts.

Ah ok, was wondering, thought it was mainly to make it easier to leave reviews, but that makes more sense.

Yup, pretty easy to just make another fake email.

Have you guys ever considered requiring people to verify phone numbers? Could make it more difficult for new accounts?