Puffy encounter

gerhardsnorbaard

Sometimes when you play with it too long it gets all puffy.

No it gets docile if you play with it too long.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the bite is worse. As for the snake chasing you it is crap scary but the puffy lies in the path camoed so unseen and does not move except for the strike. Puffys get more fatalities in Africa than any other snake and is competing with the hyppo as number 1 dangerous animal.

http://www.chiropractic-help.com/images/Puffadder-bite-forearm.jpg

The Puffy has more bites due to there being a **** load more of them, thats why it has more deaths/cases.

Have been with my cousin when he was bit by a mamba and he has been bit by a puffy as well, guarantee he would take a bite from the Puff Adder 100 times before the Black Mamba again.

The Puffy has more bites due to there being a **** load more of them, thats why it has more deaths/cases.

Have been with my cousin when he was bit by a mamba and he has been bit by a puffy as well, guarantee he would take a bite from the Puff Adder 100 times before the Black Mamba again.

I thought the neuro toxins was like a bad lsd trip. Look at that pic, that is what a proper puffy bite can do, it will disolve your mucles never to fully recover.

Whaaat?? :eek:  :eek:  :thumbup: And he Survived? What happened?

Bitten twice? How?

Snake bites or rather some poisens are hectic on muscles.

However a mamba is not a snake you want to encounter. They are always pissed off.

Has anyone seen a Mamba standing tall?

Edited by Eddy Gordo

When he was about 20 he got bit on his lower calf by a Puff Adder, never really recovered and he got gangrene from this. Not sure where or how this happened.

A good 15 years later we were hunting and he more than likely stepped on the black mamba and it bit him in a very similar spot to the Puff Adder, it took an hour to get him to hospital but the slow circulation probably saved him. He was in ICU for 1-2 weeks, cant remember now. This was about 15 years ago as well.

I was close to him (within 5 meters) at a young fit and healthy 16, if it bit me i probably would have died.

Bitten twice? How?

brandy and coke ....................?

EDIT ... sorry, though that was bitten twice on the same day

Edited by Hairy

When he was about 20 he got bit on his lower calf by a Puff Adder, never really recovered and he got gangrene from this. Not sure where or how this happened.

A good 15 years later we were hunting and he more than likely stepped on the black mamba and it bit him in a very similar spot to the Puff Adder, it took an hour to get him to hospital but the slow circulation probably saved him. He was in ICU for 1-2 weeks, cant remember now. This was about 15 years ago as well.

I was close to him (within 5 meters) at a young fit and healthy 16, if it bit me i probably would have died.

Yoh.. that's hectic.

The black mamba is very aggressive.

However a mamba is not a snake you want to encounter. They are always pissed off.

I have. It was sailing next to me in an upright position. I was on my 29er and his was just as tall as I was on my bike....

I came across this chap crossing the road at the quarry by Contermanskloof early June. Some a-hole in an Audi actually swerved and rode over it. If you look closely you will see damage to the neck just behind the head.

I could not believe my eyes. People are such dicks sometime.post-65167-0-62550400-1445524896_thumb.jpg

edit _ removed double pic post

Edited by KarlvN

Years ago I was killing time waiting for my flight back to Lanseria from Matimba Powerstaion.Driving along the road to the Botswana border I came across a Mamba crossing the road.I stopped to look at him with the Rassies Care hire Golf window open.The snake turned around stood up and made a beeline for me.

That was the fastest I have closed a window and accelerated away at the same time.He or she's head was level with mine

Edited by Kranswurm

Would your cousin, or "Snake-bait man" as he is presumable now known, like to come riding with me? I could do with a decoy . . . Edited by Bonus