Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I want a product that I can use for running and cycling, decent quality but not too expensive and able to sync to Strava in some way. I have been using Polar my whole life and to this date had zero issues. So I see the Polar M430 at about R 3 000 as a good option, would you recommend something else in the price range? I really do not care about all the bells and whistles as that is about all I need for it to do.

Suunto Spartan Trainer wrist HR - R4K or R4.5k if you would like a shiny bezel. Then add an HR strap if the wrist HR doesn't work for you or the battery doesn't last long enough.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9.2% weighted average increase. Changes to the VAR side of things - no more spinny thing, now a "game-board" with tiles where you select a tile to get your reward, which can now be banked for up to 12 weeks and stacked with other rewards (allows access to higher-tier rewards as well, if you don't want instant gratification)

Do we have to wait for our consultant to send out the updated info, or where would we be able to access the new rules?

I guess they will make you swipe on the way out as well - at this stage nobody swipes out.

Have seen plenty people just handing over the card for a swipe without even going through the turnstiles.

Express workout!

That's nice, just updated the app and lost my last 2 rewards.

"Any existing rewards will be transferred once you've upgraded - please allow 48 hours for existing rewards to reflect."

For being able to get the insure points on active rewards - do you actually need to be an insure customer?

For being able to get the insure points on active rewards - do you actually need to be an insure customer?

AFAIK, yes.

YES, as getting the points and rewards are based on your driving via the tracker installed when are with Discovery insure.

9.2% weighted average increase. Changes to the VAR side of things - no more spinny thing, now a "game-board" with tiles where you select a tile to get your reward, which can now be banked for up to 12 weeks and stacked with other rewards (allows access to higher-tier rewards as well, if you don't want instant gratification)

Improvements to oncology treatment on comprehensive & executive, to allow coverage for cutting edge / new treatments either in full or with a co-payment. 

Doing away with lowest band on Keycare, due to extreme anti-selection. Lower tier members will have to elect for a new plan, Keycare Starter (basic plan) or go to the mid or high-income band. 

ATB benefits increasing by 11.9%

Cap on the amount of points from steps, trying to get more people active. Now max 1,200 points per month from steps. 

Still 30,000 points max for fitness activities.

Screening checks changing slightly - more attention being placed on higher-risk items (people outside the Norm) and will be getting points based on how many you hit, and how bad your out-of-range readings are. Min 10,000 points for a screening check. If you hit all the markers and do HIV and non smoking declaration, instant silver status. 

Apple Watch 4 will probably be covered under apple watch benefit when it's launched locally. Probably.

Dischem & Clicks are still DSP for chronic, day surgery hospitals will be DSP for procedures which can be carried out at a day surgery, due to efficiency & quality of care that happens there. 

Discovery gap cover enhanced slightly, still not as good as other gap providers. 

There is more, but I need to read the stuff in order to get the proper detail and analyse information. 

dankie mnr

YES, as getting the points and rewards are based on your driving via the tracker installed when are with Discovery insure.

that tracker is such a pain... I dont ever get any rewards from driving. the only time I got a reward was when I drove in Hluhluwe game reserve. that was my only 100km within the speed limit :whistling:

that tracker is such a pain... I dont ever get any rewards from driving. the only time I got a reward was when I drove in Hluhluwe game reserve. that was my only 100km within the speed limit :whistling:

Then tells you something about your driving  :whistling:

Sure this has been asked on here before somewhere, so please point me in the right direction if it has, but is there a way to still use Strava to get vitality points? I don't want to always Cycle with my watch using the activities app on my Apple Watch to get points and I unfortunately do not have a Garmin device (using Bryton). Can I not use some third-party app which they will recognise?