Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I had 3500pts last week and stayed on 700. But forgot my HR monitor for Darling Brew this AM. So either it's midweek effort... Ag, yes, midweek effort it is.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee it is harder reading the whinging on this thread than actually getting the target.

Having said that I did miss for 6 weeks after breaking my clavicle, scapula and glenoid but I can live with that since I joined VAR back in November. Maybe due to that injury I'm only on 600. And I don't belong to a gym so can't swipe. But it's always done by Sunday lunch.

700 again for me. If there aren't too many bottlenecks tomorrow at JUMA for the 54km that will be 600 done. Will tally up the other 100 as I swipe for my smoothie. Next week though, maybe 800, might require a different strategy. Haven't missed a week target once since inception. It's beginning to be fun now.

So BreedtsNek is only worth 100 points without a heart rate monitor compared to 1500 points with. So again lets reward the couch sitting gym swiper! FYI I now need to swipe my gym card 6 times a week as I refuse to waste money on a heart rate monitor.

So BreedtsNek is only worth 100 points without a heart rate monitor compared to 1500 points with. So again lets reward the couch sitting gym swiper! FYI I now need to swipe my gym card 6 times a week as I refuse to waste money on a heart rate monitor.

1200 points, btw.

And you know what? If you did 2h30 in the gym at 80% you would also get 1200 points.

Nothing about rewarding "couch sitting gym swipers" - if you want points as per the table, get an HR monitor. Otherwise, don't moan about it.

1200 points, btw.

And you know what? If you did 2h30 in the gym at 80% you would also get 1200 points.

Nothing about rewarding "couch sitting gym swipers" - if you want points as per the table, get an HR monitor. Otherwise, don't moan about it.

That is a whole lot of intense "do you even lift BRO" work.........

Yep, but not impossible. 60 min on the bike, 60 min on the dreadmill and 30 min other...

Ja nee......some seriously fit people here in Hubland........and surely you then meant "cardio workout" and not a gym session......semantics....I know.....

Edited by BarHugger

Yep, but not impossible. 60 min on the bike, 60 min on the dreadmill and 30 min other...

Not so easy, if i want my cycle stats and running stats to display correctly I will be required to stop and start a new activity to select the relevant sport mode on the HR monitor and then Disco will not combine the activities afterwards --- results in only 1 exersize with 1 x points.

YES it is important for me to select the correct activity type as I use my POLAR as a training tool.

and ....

the Gym only allow for 20 min on the dreadmill (as per the myles definition). 

Edited by Carpet

Not so easy, if i want my cycle stats and running stats to display correctly I will be required to stop and start a new activity to select the relevant sport mode on the HR monitor and then Disco will not combine the activities afterwards --- results in only 1 exersize with 1 x points.

YES it is important for me to select the correct activity type as I use my POLAR as a training tool.

and ....

the Gym only allow for 20 min on the dreadmill (as per the myles definition). 

True enough - I was allowing for a single exercise session. But you can still do 2h30 on a spining bike if there aren't any classes (not that I'd really want to submit myself to such unbridled torture)

As for the dreadmill - 20 min limits are mostly during peak times. If there's no one there or waiting, carry on. 

And yes - I purposefully call it a dreadmill. Apt description, I think... 

Also the rowing machine and other things you can use. 

1200 points, btw.

Mr KnowItAll

Please have a look at the attached screen shot its 1500 points, maybe you are not capable of vigorous workout so only get 1200 points!

The point is why should I have to waste money on a device that I do not want and possibly in future will not be supported by Discovery as they change the goal posts time and time again?

post-1280-0-46823100-1464590737_thumb.png

Edited by rad006

It still amazes me for being rewarded 100 points just for swiping your card at the gym, great incentive for getting "Fit & Healthy". God forbid the weekly points goals reach 800 for those lazy couch potatoes daily swiping their gym cards with only 7 days in a week...the belly bouncers will be at war for not having their weekly dose of smoothies, especially those paying back the money for those apple watches. At least they'll save some petrol/diesel driving to the gym and back. Bring on Friday!