Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Booked off with flu for me, so no working out this week. A daily visit to the gym to swipe only should see me get to my target of 800 points.

Luckily the Saturday workout came through like it should.

Luckily I am still on 700 points.(Have achieved my goal every week). Will start being interesting when it gets to more than 700 , currently do not log my rides, only use Gym swipes for the Wattbike and step counting to reach my 700. My third week on 700 so will see where it goes next week.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily I am still on 700 points.(Have achieved my goal every week). Will start being interesting when it gets to more than 700 , currently do not log my rides, only use Gym swipes for the Wattbike and step counting to reach my 700. My third week on 700 so will see where it goes next week.

Take your Garmin & record your Wattbike session

Take your Garmin & record your Wattbike session

I am recording. Not submitting to Vitality, just achieves enough points hence I have been on 500 for three weeks, 600 four weeks and my third week on 700. I assume within a week or two I will start submitting some of my training sessions, will only open the gates when target is 1100 or mor more.

My ride from Saturday hasn't come through either (sync'd yesterday via Polar personal trainer).

Target has also gone up 100 points a week for the last two weeks despite not achieving my goals due to the flu. I just don't understand the logic!!! :blush:

Discovery = incompetence when it comes to their rewards system.

Log complaints backed up with actual data from Vitality approved Garmin products and they still mess it up.

I hope those on this forum working at Discovery in the rewards department are capable of feeling absolutely embarrassed.

Don't offer a rewards system that does not function properly. Teething problems this is not. This is pathetic. This is not the first time we have experienced such problems and we are not alone in these.

At least Discovery med aid still seems to pay.... at times.

Discovery = incompetence when it comes to their rewards system.

Log complaints backed up with actual data from Vitality approved Garmin products and they still mess it up.

I hope those on this forum working at Discovery in the rewards department are capable of feeling absolutely embarrassed.

Don't offer a rewards system that does not function properly. Teething problems this is not. This is pathetic. This is not the first time we have experienced such problems and we are not alone in these.

At least Discovery med aid still seems to pay.... at times.

Some will say............it's easy peasy and that the moaners need to stop moaning..........

Couch potatoes remain couch potatoes, and those potatoes who jumped at a free watch are still fools for thinking it would come easy.

1200 points still remains an easy target for many.

Really?

But should "they" be doing so much ... Go so hard without building it up slowly.

Is discovery not moving it too quickly...

Just asking.

Interesting reading that Garmin uses the below guidelines to determine their Intensity Minutes on a few of their "smart" devices. No mention of a % of Max, and if I read between the lines, it's total exercise per day and not limited to one session only.

To improve your health, organizations such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American Heart Association®, and the World Health Organization, recommend at least 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity activity, such as brisk walking, or 75 minutes per week of vigorous intensity activity, such as running.

The device monitors your activity intensity and tracks your time spent participating in moderate to vigorous intensity activities (heart rate data is required to quantify vigorous intensity). You can work toward achieving your weekly intensity minutes goal by participating in at least 10 consecutive minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity activities. The device adds the amount of moderate activity minutes with the amount of vigorous activity minutes. Your total vigorous intensity minutes are doubled when added.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivosmarthr/EN-US/GUID-63522E07-AD5E-4D2D-B680-3129A2300238.html

Couch potatoes remain couch potatoes, and those potatoes who jumped at a free watch are still fools for thinking it would come easy.

This legend........... :thumbup:

Can anybody help please:

I have 2 x 600-point rides that have uploaded from Garmin Connect into the Discovery app, but they aren't showing as activities. You can see in the Discovery app that it has synced with Garmin Connect, but there's no record of either activity from yesterday or this morning.

I am a long-time user of a Garmin 520 and 920XT, sync to iPhone via blue tooth, which then automatically uploads to the Discovery app. Smoothies are so easy! This is the first time it hasn't worked.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong, or what's gone wrong? Who does one call at Discovery to sort this out?

Can anybody help please:

I have 2 x 600-point rides that have uploaded from Garmin Connect into the Discovery app, but they aren't showing as activities. You can see in the Discovery app that it has synced with Garmin Connect, but there's no record of either activity from yesterday or this morning.

I am a long-time user of a Garmin 520 and 920XT, sync to iPhone via blue tooth, which then automatically uploads to the Discovery app. Smoothies are so easy! This is the first time it hasn't worked.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong, or what's gone wrong? Who does one call at Discovery to sort this out?

If you read a few comments up from yours you will see everyone has issues. It appears there is an issue with disco and syncing to garmin/polar.

Can anybody help please:

Vitalityescalations@discovery.Co.za